Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Burning, turning stomach

Hello!  I am going to be continuing my weekly taper of 1mg (Diazepam) per week tomorrow night...so down to 7mgs I go!

This post may be more geared to women...

This past week has been tough...mainly b/c I came out of having a nasty cold that really wore me out, and having my period.  I find the w/d symptoms are so exaggerated during my period...brutal.

And one of the most "annoying" w/d effects during this time...aside from the panic attacks...is the burning/churning/slightly nauseous stomach.  Not nauseous enough to throw up.  But my stomach just feels off.  It gurgles and the gurgles seem so loud - but I wonder if that's because our senses seem so heightened during w/d.  I hate it so much b/c I also have a fear of anything "sick".  Throwing up, the "runs"...it frightens me so much since w/d.  So every time I feel like this (which is at least monthly), I become 100% afraid that I'm getting a bug of sorts.  And yet this happens every month...so why can't I just "let it go" and know that it's just b/c it's "that time" of the month and it will be over at some point.  And I find it gets really worse during the later half and even the days following my period.  Can any women relate?

Right before I wrote this, I was convinced I was sick...my stomach gurgled and it make my stomach churn...and then my feel went cold and tingly (happens when I start to panic)...so I opened up the laptop and wrote this message...and as I'm writing it, I can feel the symptoms go away, so then I say to myself "if you were truly sick, typing on the computer wouldn't make the nausea go away...so you've simply distracted yourself and it's just the w/d"....but this only helps for a bit and then I start to panic again. 

Does anyone get this stomach issue?  I know the answer is yes...I know TONS of us have stomach issues w/ w/d...but it just scares me.  And I feel alone and insane.  My husband's stomach gurgles ALL the time.  He's this hyper man whose metabolism just goes, goes, goes.  lol  He burns food in no time.  But it never phases him...and it didn't use to phase me.  But I'm just so AWARE of these feelings in my body.  It's almost alien-like.  Ugh.  I just needed to vent.  All and all I feel I'm lucky...I have a great support team and I feel like I at least I'm lucky enough to get lots of little "windows" during my w/d.  I'm just scared during times like these.  I just want the remainder of my w/d to go as well as it can....I'm scared to take that last 1mg in 7-8 weeks.  Excited...but SO scared as well.  Will things get worse?  Will I feel the w/d more?  Or will I notice things aren't great...but not horrible?  I don't know.  I'm just scared and my mind is racing.  I sleep well most nights...but I dream about my fears.  Dreaming all the time and waking up confused and in a daze. 

I think I've talked enough. lol  I could ramble on forever when I'm nervous.  I am just so sick and tired of not being able to enjoy food...or feeling these chills through my body - adrenaline rushes.  And the dizzy spells.  And the insane attacks that I NEVER had before I went on a Benzo...I took them for anxiety and DID have panic attacks...but NOTHING that compare to the ones I get since w/d began.  Does that mean it WILL go away?  That I may still deal w/ anxiety...but not like this?  Is it all really w/d?

Okay...I'm really going now.  Nervous.  Ugh.

Hugs to all...I'm so glad to have a place where people "get it" fully.  :)

Schatje

Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired?  What I hate is we can't talk ourselves out of the fear, we believe what our mind is telling us, just as we've always done.  But the benzo's are creating havoc in our minds, and we can no longer trust the reality we're perceiving.  It's much the same way with people with mental illnesses, they believe what they're ill mind tells them, but it's not real and neither is the fear we're dealing with.  Your benzo belly and that time of the month are real though, but not the fear which makes everything worse. 

Try to eat foods which are easy on your system, and trust your body to heal from this because it will.  All of this will go away and if you do experience anxiety after all of this, it will feel like butterflies in comparison, no big deal.

Hi Schatje

I had that burning / turning feeling in my guts too, what helped me the best was to eat small amounts of food throughout the day and something like a piece of bread or crackers at night before bed, that really helped me a lot.

It will eventually go away, hang in there.  :)

Thank you Pam and Star for your kind words....I slept fine....was barely able to stomach much yesterday, but when I DID eat I kept it small and it sat not too bad.  Today I woke up w/ "that feeling" still lingering...but I'll keep going.  I have to walk my child to school now and it's the last thing I feel like I CAN do, but she's part of what keeps me going, so off I go!  lol 

Thanks again...your words of encouragement are MUCH appreciated.

Hugs,

Schatje