Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Wishful thinking? HEad Pressure

I hate using the term "I have heard", but I'm looking to confirm the following understanding I have.

Is it true that alot of benzo sufferers report that in the last stages of their recovery they experience head pressure (NOT A PAIN) before it fades and they feel finally over it.

Right now I am having head pressure and a slight disorientation, the veins in my neck feel like they are pumping to much blood through them as I can feel the pressure in them.

I notice this is consistent with when my heart starts to bang or palp away. It's kind of like I am gently holding my breath and trying to make my face turn soflty red.........

This came around and started to become noticable about a month ago, I'm coming up on 10 months in a few days.

I still am symptomatic in other areas, buit the little aches I can live with, this head stuff now is like living with your head inside a jar of vaseline, all cloudy and heavy. This is not always there, it comes and goes throughout the day, but I can tell when its going to happen also.

I am in a big window right now and over the past couple of weeks one of my new symptoms was headaches/pressure and neck aches. The sensation would change day to day but most of the time there was some kind of pressure in my temples and a little less on the top and back of my head.

Hello FG

Wonderful your feeling better, but I dont want to lose the intent of my question as your comment doesnt address what I asked.

For other member in the know, can you confirm its been reported this is a final type symptom before full recovery?

thanks again

I can't answer that question as to if it's a final symptoms. Sorry. I do know, mine came a few months later, and it is a lingerer.

• 1 year later...

I am in a big window right now and over the past couple of weeks one of my new symptoms was headaches/pressure and neck aches. The sensation would change day to day but most of the time there was some kind of pressure in my temples and a little less on the top and back of my head.

i KNOW this is old but this is what i have been having latelty off and on.