Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

feel so dreadful after waking up from sleep....

I know I've complained about this on here before, so sorry to post a related topic again.

When I wake up in the morning though it feels so dreadful, but the feeling sub sides after I get going into the day.  I usually have strange dreams or nightmares, and then I wake up, can't fall asleep and I just have so many of these horrible emotions running through my body.  I feel weird, depressed, and more I just really can't explain it but it feels horrible!!

I miss naps too!!  I don't think I could take one if I tried my hardest.  It's a shame, the things I used to casually just be able to do have are now gone.  I just hope all returns normal, and I have the pleasure to experience normal sleeping patterns again in my life.......

What you are experiencing is very common during withdrawals.

The vivid dreams, the nightmares, emotions all mixed up. Waking up in the morning was strange for me too. It was like my body was there, but my mind wasn't.

Normal sleeping, or a close proximity, will return to you. When I went cold turkey off the benzos I had zero sleep for 30 days, my mind would not shut down, kept racing. I am able to sleep up to 6 hours a night now.

When I needed reassurance that all this would end someday, I would read the posts from 3 or 4 years ago and  realize that those wonderful people have all long since healed and moved on to living their lives again......you will too, hang in there!

[ae...]

pj explained it well.

I know what you're talking about.

I, sometimes have this. Every morning is different for me.

S#

I understand, I had complete dread and almost an agony when I awoke... But I know it was benzos.  so it got so bad they all told me here I shouldn't go c/t which i was doing.  But you're on a higher dose than I, so for you it may take a slightly bit more time.  But it goes away.  it gooooooeeeesssss away... yeah!!!!  I used to wake up in horror, for what, life I suppose... it was weird.