Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How do you all do it????

I sit here and think "I am worse than anyone else on this forum'.  I read posts about people who are in the middle of a taper or off the freaking drug completely and are able to travel, go to work...mow the lawn or do the most rudimentary chores.  I just read one post where someone was flying to Europe and wondered about vaccinations.  I had to slog my way through Walmart two days ago and thought I was going to die.  Get a job?  You have got to be kidding me.  The only way I could fly is if someone shot me out of a cannon.  Not that I am wishing others could not do these things...it gives me hope.  But how do you do it?  Is it pure will power?  Do you force yourself because it is good not to become a slave to this nightmare?  Or are your symptoms just an annoyance rather than a ball and chain?  I have forced myself to do something productive every day...then high fived myself like I had just climbed Mt. Everest.  Even taking a shower...the water is so stimulating I am shaking when I get out.  I am proud of myself for taking a stupid shower...how pitiful.  Three short months ago I could do most things.  This last cut has kicked my flabby butt.  I am somehow determined to not let this horror show keep me housebound but....

What do you all tell yourself when your legs won't take you where you want to go???

Thank you my BB...today is Mother's Day and I could not make it for brunch with my son...the flu and just a really bad day withdrawal wise....

Donna

Donna, I was just lying on the bed and had to answer..it seems we were meant to correspond for these past few days.

We took our Mom out for a 10:00 a.m. buffet brunch this morning...with  one hour sleep and feeling sick and dizzy, it was about the last thing I wanted to do this morning, but I faked it and went along, even forcing myself to eat a little, and socialize, trying to be charming and nice even though I didn't feel like it.  Then went straight home and fell on  the bed for a good part of the day.

Yes, I might have pushed myself to do those things, but if I couldn't do it, no amount of "forcing" would have worked.  We do what we can do, and if you give yourself high fives for taking a shower, I'm high fiving with you.

I feel so out of it right now that I'm at a loss for words. I hope I dont sound like a martyr, because that's not me! This wasn't the best mothers day, but I feel good for going out, for the sake of my mom.  Anything you can do that makes you feel good, that's cause to celebrate and feel proud of yourself.

I'm sorry to hear about your flu lingering on.  Hope you feel better soon .

Thoughts and prayers,

Kat

[79...]

To answer your question without a long answer: "One Day at a Time."

Focus on the here and now. Tomorrow will be here in due time. If things are tough, just focus on TODAY and push to get through it. You can deal with tomorrow and the rest of your life -- one day at a time.

I have been counting the benzo-free days since I quit CT and I probably will until I feel I am safely out of the woods and the worst is behind me. But the numbers don't really mean that much. They represent a bunch of single days strung together, with a little bump at Day 16, and which were done one by one, often hour by hour.

Keep the faith and push on, push on, push on...

Best wishes,

Jac in Tucson

For once a good day, so this is me near the end of Day 33:  :D

Jac said it all Donna.  You will make it.  When i started wd from Remeron Nov 2009 i never thought I would be where I am at. Now its 16 months later and I am almost there.  You will be to.  Day by day.  You have to have faith and don't let this drug rule your life. You have to be stronger then this poison.  be kind to yourself.  I know its hard but you will get there. Linder

It is really important to give yourself credit for what you might think of as the simplest of tasks.

Remember, you understand what you are going through.

I am sorry that I didn't know of  this forum earlier in my recovery.

I know that I have been horrible, not thinking that I would ever improve,

I did.

Here I am benzo free since 9-13-10,

Simply put, hang in there,

-Dan

[99...]

There's some great input by so many of you. I can relate to.

Donna,

I agree-

It is really important to give yourself credit for what you might think of as the simplest of tasks.

Remember, you understand what you are going through.

To answer your question without a long answer: "One Day at a Time."

Focus on the here and now. Tomorrow will be here in due time. If things are tough, just focus on TODAY and push to get through it. You can deal with tomorrow and the rest of your life -- one day at a time.

I agree it's one day at a time, and live in the here and now.

S#

There are days when I feel like I am worse off than anyone on this forum too.  I don't know how I make it through the day sometimes.  Today has been one of those days.  I went shopping with my daughter and I didn't want to.  I was so off balance today that I ended up sitting in a chair in the store while she shopped.  I then came home and laid in my bed and cried feeling like this dizziness is never going to go away and wondering how I am going to handle feeling like this for the rest of my life.  I have a job but there are days when I am so dizzy I can't drive.  I don't know why I am still employed.  I would probably fire me because of all the days I have missed but so far I am still working.  I just make myself get up and go even when I don't feel like it.  There are days when I can't get out of bed or shower and I just can't worry about it.  This is so frustrating.  I read the success stories but don't feel like it is ever going to happen for me.  So, I know how you are feeling but I don't know how to reassure you or me that this will get better.  We just have to keep reading the good stuff and believe that someday it will be us writing those successes.  Hang in there.