Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Rough day

Well it seems my symptoms are coming back.  Anxiety mostly though now...  Gosh this is so frustrating after being pretty symptom free for 2 weeks.  I read somewhere that the symptoms shouldn't last as long the further you get.  Is that correct?  I just don't want another 4-5 weeks of intense symptoms!

It sucks when you get relief for awhile then start to feel bad again. We have to TRY to concentrate on being thankful for the window and hopeful of a speedy recovery rather than dwelling on the recurring symptoms. I know, easier said than done....

Hi,

It's pretty normal in benzo withdrawl to feel good for awhile "a window", and then for a "wave" return of symptoms .  The further you get out the symptoms will lesson with each wave until they finally go away or some symptoms will just disappear over night.  There really is no rhyme or reason to any of this.  Just try to not to despair all this is pretty normal and will hopefully go away fully for you soon.  Ginia