Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Looking for support

[hu...]

i don't take em but I am trying desperately to help my wife who has been on them for years and is trying to get off (xanax) I guess in the recoverey community they would call me "codee" but I am learning and i love her very much. I am learning how to do "tough love" She does want to get well and is taking some great steps in the right direction... I guess I / we just need some encouragement from those who know first hand. Is that ok or do i have to actually be an addict myself? Thanks and blessings to all.

Husbandhelp72

Hello husbandhelp72, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We have a few members who are helping their spouses through this process, so you're welcome here, hopefully it will help you understand benzo dependence and withdrawal.  Most of the people here are not "addicts", they took the drug as prescribed by their Dr not knowing the horrible consequences of doing this.  When they tried to stop, they were met with unimaginable physical, emotional and psychological pain.  It takes, months and sometimes years to heal from this mess after we've taken the last pill, so you wanting to understand your wife's situation is important as it affects everyone in the family.

It might help you to read the Ashton manual, hopefully you can help your wife to understand more about what she's going through.  Please ask questions, we're here to help. http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Pam