Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

become tolerant to lorenzepam

[de...]

hullo  I  am  a middleaged  lady  been on  lorenepam  for  approx 30  I  am ashamed to say  but  suddenly  its not working and  I  am  real  scared  as  I  need it for  anxiety  please help  me if  you  can  ,  I  am in  New  Zealand .

cant figure  how  to do it  ,anyway  I am a middleaged wife and  mum  I breed  small  dogs  have an anxiety problem  been on lorenezepam for too  long but have become tolerant  to  it  do  I increase my dose or  what  I would love to be off it  but  seems impossible  ,I  am very weepy over it      would  another brand  do the trick      ,sorry  I  cant  find the intro part  will get  around this  after  a  while I  am  i new zealand  my town  missed the quake  or  I  would  need more pills  hehe  I  usually take  2    1mg pills a  day    thanks a lot all  .

Hello deolarlie,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

You introduced yourself correctly. Account approval is a manual process - it relies upon a suitable member of the team being here to approve your membership.

Tolerance to benzodiazepines occurs almost universally after protracted use. Typically, the anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) effects of benzos wear off after some months of use. Yes, upping your dose might well provide some relief, but as you have probably already guessed, you are highly likely to become tolerant of the new dose too. How long have you been taking Lorazepam? You wrote that you have been taking it for "30", but missed out a word.

There is good evidence that benzodiazepines interfere with our ability to develop coping strategies, and in the medium-to-long-term, those that quit benzos actually rate as suffering from less anxiety than long-term users of benzodiazepines. There are a lot of potential benefits to quitting benzos for many people.

Most of our members are here for help with tapering off their benzodiazepines - we can help you develop a sensible taper plan to suit you and your needs.

Hi its  FAY or  deolarlie      I  missed the word  30  years shameful  isnt it  but I really  needed it  I  would love to  come of it but  my  anxiety is stil there      I am  real scared  as the  anxiety is  kicking in    I  do  not wish  to  go  up  would  rather go off  but mayhave no  choice  I  am so  disapointed    thanks for  any  help    .

[92...]

deolarlie,

Welcoming you to BenzoBuddies.

You will find plenty of support here.

Sigma.