Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

seeing black floaty spots

[a1...]

Mike,

I have noticed an increase in floaters. I had them before withdrawal though. Mine was caused by extreme Nearsightedness.

It's where the gel breaks down in the eye in my case.

It is a withdrawal sx.

S#

Ha, I have this, along with eye twitching, for years, probably since my initial rapid decrease. I just thought it was part of aging. For me, it is like a black spot in the middle of my eye, and when I blink it moves to the side.

It is hard to tell what is wd, and what is just crop of the line weird issues, I think. I mentioned it to my optometrist at one point and he said it was not uncommon.

Good luck!

I have these too. I have read many stories of others who noticed an increase in eye floaters and strange visual distortions and everyone said they go away or become less noticeable. Benzo can cause a lot of visual disturbances. Either way, floaters are not harmful. They are quite common. If it bothers you too much you can always go to an eye doctor just to be safe, but I imagine he/she would tell you the same thing.

Chrisw

I've had them for years.  I don't think my withdrawals caused any floaters, but they did make me more aware of the ones that I have.

Draftsman