Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Having difficulty

I've hit a really rough spot.  My body is giving me fits.  I'm having cramps in my legs, feet, back and hands.  My equilibrium is off.  I feel like I'm going to fall.  If I go to pick something up I feel like I don't have a good grip on it and I'm afraid I'm going to drop it.  I've never experienced anything like this.  Also, I'm very jittery.  My legs are jumpy...I have restless legs really bad. 

I'm titrating .25mg xanax.  I'm down to 18mg of the titration mixture, so only 18 days left.  I've been cutting 1mg each day.  This has been going on since Sunday and not getting any better.  I'm so close but don't know if I should stick with this dose for awhile.  Any advice would be appreciated. 

Hi secret,

I'm sorry no one has answered you yet, I didn't taper from xanax so I can't really give you advice but I had some weird motor skill problems too, for the most part they seemed to have gone away. If this worries you maybe it would be good to see your doctor to put your mind at ease. Hopefully someone will be along to answer your titration question or post your question in the "titration" section to get some feedback.

Hope you're feeling better today...

Thanks Star.  I really think this is all w/d related cuz this morning things were okay.  I've noticed the later in the evening the more my symptoms appear.

Hope you have a nice weekend Star! 

Hi thesecret:

Sorry to see you have a tough titration going on there.  Unfortunately, what you are going through is par for the course.  Yes, you can hold for a while if you want to.  Sometimes this helps, and sometimes it doesn't.  If it were me, I probably wouldn't hold for more than a few days though.  This stage is definitely one of the tougher parts of the journey.  But stay with it, you will get through it.  Just keep focused on that fact that you are almost benzo free!!!! 

Draftsman

Thanks Draftsman for sharing your thoughts.  I think I will push though.  Tonight isn't nearly as tough as last night.  Like you said this is par for the course with the later stages of tapering.  So unless things become terribly uncomfortable I will continue. 

I appreciate your remarks and Stars as well.  Sometimes I just need a little encouragement from someone who know what this is all about.  Encouragement helps me have a better attitude...  so thanks bunches.