A wonderful post from Jennifer Leigh a benzo survivor..

[Be...]

I read lots of books, do trivia quizzes which are good for the brain’s cognitive functioning and memory, watch lots of movies and documentaries on Netflix, play with my kitty, and anything else I can think of to distract from my symptoms....also, like to read cookbooks and imagine what I will serve to my next guests.  I entertained some friends just two weeks ago, and felt great and happy.  What a difference two weeks can make.

What are your interests?  Do you have family and friends to share your good times with? 

Interested to hear so post back, please!!!

GG

I love music, doing exercises. I stay with my girlfriend.The only things I find distracting is walking...It is the only thing that could take the edge off...

I stay on the phone chatting on social media some times...

Those are all good.....especially the music.  If you can walk, can you dance with your girlfriend?  I love to dance and on a good day I will shuffle about a bit!!!!  As has been suggested by other BBs, maybe take up something you have never tried....painting, writing, cooking.....anything that might stimulate you and focus your mind on anything but BWD!

Keep on keeping on, Bexlan, and maybe the next time we chat we will be singing in the rain or the sun!!!!

Hugs,

GG

Those are all good.....especially the music.  If you can walk, can you dance with your girlfriend?  I love to dance and on a good day I will shuffle about a bit!!!!  As has been suggested by other BBs, maybe take up something you have never tried....painting, writing, cooking.....anything that might stimulate you and focus your mind on anything but BWD!

Keep on keeping on, Bexlan, and maybe the next time we chat we will be singing in the rain or the sun!!!!

Hugs,

GG

True Garden we shall be singing..Good times ahead..