Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need a titration plan

[wi...]

Start date- as soon as possible

Daily dose anticipated then -  .375 Clonazepam

Tablet dose - .25 mg orally disintegrating tablet

.125 mg orally disintegrating tablet

Number of tablets - 1 tablet .25 mg orally disintegrating tablet, and 1 tablet .125 mg orally disintegrating tablet

Taper rate - 1% - 2% per day (I don't really know what is reasonable)

Cylinder - 100 ml with 1 ml increments from 10 - 100 (no marks below 10 ml)

Can the liquid titration be done with the disintegrating tablets?  I don't see any reference to them on your site.  I don't have regular pills.  I have tapered down to .375 by .125 increments.  Up until I got to .5 mg I was able to cut every two weeks.  Since cutting from .5 mg to .375 mg the withdrawal symptoms have not stopped for almost 4 weeks.  I have had a hard time cutting to this point, but I was still able to do it.  I feel unable to dry cut anymore.  I hope you can help.

Hi wishIdknown:

Congrats on getting down to .375!  .5 and below can tend to be quite a rough area for a lot of people.  In fact .5 was where I hit my wall and switched over to titration.  People have titrated the Klonopin wafers, so that should work fine for you.  I'll draw up a plan and post it by Friday for you.

Draftsman 

Hi wishIdknown:

Here is a titration plan you can review with your doctor.  It’s a schedule for a 1% daily reduction based on your .375mg dose.    The following titration plan will take you about 100 days to complete.

Everyday, you will dissolve and titrate two orally disintegrating wafers (.25mg and .125).

Dissolve both disintegrating wafers (.375mg) into liquid and mix it thoroughly with 100ml (cc) liquid.  Each day, you will start with this original mixture (.375mg Clonazepam in 100mls liquid).  Each day you will cumulatively remove and discard 1ml from this mixture immediately upon mixing vigorously in the manner described below. 

So....

Day 1: make your original mixture and remove 1ml.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 2: make your original mixture and remove 2mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 3: make your original mixture and remove 3mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 4: make your original mixture and remove 4mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 5: make your original mixture and remove 5mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

...and so on.

Make sure to keep a log of your cuts so you don't lose track.  You may wish to split your dose into two daily doses.  If you do so, we recommend you space your two doses 12 hours apart.  You can keep unused doses in covered glasses in the fridge for up to 3 days.  Your taper can easily be adjusted.  If you find you are doing well, you can speed it up by increasing your daily cuts to 2ml.  Conversely, you can always slow it down!  Just play it by ear.  You mentioned your 100ml cylinder has no marks below ml.  A 5ml baby dropper, available at most drug stores may be helpful with this.  A 3ml plastic pipette is also helpful.  I hope things go well for you

Draftsman

• 2 weeks later...

It´s time to reduce again, but I only have access to 3 mg pills of Lexotan and after 16 years of addiction to 3 mg and only 3 months into my tapering I am down to 2.25 mg (75% of original dose). The dissolving method seem feasible in my case, since cutting a 1/2 into 2/6 is not sth I trust myself to do accurately.

I am also lucky to have access to magnet mixer, since my son is finishing his electronic studies and made one several weeks ago as a school project.  He meant it for mixing mojitos but I have better use for it :)

But I am a firm believer in dissolving in warm liquids when possible - Is it save?

Thank you Draftsman for the use of your titration plan.

Yours truly,

Lexotania

Hi wishIdknown:

Here is a titration plan you can review with your doctor.  It’s a schedule for a 1% daily reduction based on your .375mg dose.     The following titration plan will take you about 100 days to complete.

Everyday, you will dissolve and titrate two orally disintegrating wafers (.25mg and .125).

Dissolve both disintegrating wafers (.375mg) into liquid and mix it thoroughly with 100ml (cc) liquid.   Each day, you will start with this original mixture (.375mg Clonazepam in 100mls liquid).   Each day you will cumulatively remove and discard 1ml from this mixture immediately upon mixing vigorously in the manner described below. 

So....

Day 1: make your original mixture and remove 1ml.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 2: make your original mixture and remove 2mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 3: make your original mixture and remove 3mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 4: make your original mixture and remove 4mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 5: make your original mixture and remove 5mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

...and so on.

Make sure to keep a log of your cuts so you don't lose track.   You may wish to split your dose into two daily doses.  If you do so, we recommend you space your two doses 12 hours apart.  You can keep unused doses in covered glasses in the fridge for up to 3 days.   Your taper can easily be adjusted.  If you find you are doing well, you can speed it up by increasing your daily cuts to 2ml.  Conversely, you can always slow it down!  Just play it by ear.  You mentioned your 100ml cylinder has no marks below ml.   A 5ml baby dropper, available at most drug stores may be helpful with this.   A 3ml plastic pipette is also helpful.  I hope things go well for you

Draftsman

It's interesting that some brands of Clonazepam seem to dissolve in water easily and some don't.  Name brand Roche does not.  If your brand dissolves thoroughly, i.e., particles do not race quickly to the bottom of your glass when in suspending in liquid, then you should be fine.  I'm not aware of any reports positive or negative on the temperature of liquid (warm liquid).  Use your best judgment.

Draftsman

How right you are Draftsman!

Lexotan from Roche does NOT dissolve, neither in warm nor cold water.

Would I feel must discomfort changing from Lexotan to diazepam?

1.0 mg Bromazepam equals 1.8 mg diazepam and I am down to 2.25 mg Lexotan after 3 months.

That is 4.1 mg diazepam.

What do you recommend?

Lexotania.

P.S. It´s almost impossible to divide 1/4 accurately. has anyone developed some technique that I am unaware of?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16 years on 3 mg Lexotan and down to 2.25 mg after 3 months of tapering. Easy does it!

Hi Lexotania:

Would I feel must discomfort changing from Lexotan to diazepam?

I don't really know much about cross overs, but from what I have seen you might have some discomfort, you might not.

1.0 mg Bromazepam equals 1.8 mg diazepam and I am down to 2.25 mg Lexotan after 3 months.

That is 4.1 mg diazepam.

What do you recommend?

If you feel comfortable with titration, and your cuts have been going fairly well for the most part, I might titrate straight through.  Why complicate things with diazepam if you don't need to.  But you will need to crush up the tablet daily.  For that I always recommend people use a mortar and pestle.  Also, with Brozamepam having a 10-20 hour half-life, you should be dividing up your doses at least twice daily, maybe even three times daily.

If you don't want the hassle of a titration, or you feel uncomfortable with it, then you can do a cross over as long as you have a doctor who is on board.

Yes, cutting up tablets into quarters is a pain.  There is not trick I am aware of, and I don't know how well Bromazapam tablets cut.  However, when I was dry cuttting, I would counterbalance my cut quarters over time (big, small, big, small) to try to keep things relatively even.  If you decide you want a titration plan, just ask and someone will write one up for you.  Let us know how you are doing.

Draftsman

Dear Draftsman,

I must have misunderstood...I can dissolve my Roche Lexotan if I crush them first in a mortar and then add the liquid?

I used to divide my dose and take  every 12 hrs. but then I went back to one dose every 24 hrs and I feel less discomfort. But maybe that is because I am "stabile" in my present dose?

I am also very "happy" because I have only had neurological symptoms for the past week or so - and that is so much easier than cardio vascular and digestive oriented symptoms.

Lexotania.

If you crush the Lexotan throughly into a fine powder, it should suspend in liquid long enough to do your titration.  Try it and see.  With regard to daily dosing, of course do what is most comfortable.  But with a half-life of 10-20, there is the potential for interdose withdrawals.  I was dosing once a day with my Klonopin until someone here recommended going to twice a day, and I found it to be helpful.

Draftsman

Dear Draftsman,

After much effort and little result :P I have chosen to fill the flock of "dry-cutters".

I guess that my nibbling skills will also improvewith daily practice for the next 6 months or so! ::)

With best weekend wishes,

Lexotania