Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hi i'm new here...

[ly...]

My name is Mike and I have been taking Benzo's daily for around seventeen years; Klonopin in particular (3 mg daily) since 1997. All through a doctors script. I stopped taking them on July 5th 2010 the same day I stopped drinking. It was absolute hell what I went through and I'm still not all there yet. It's good to know there are other people who are going or have gone through this. My doctor told me the withdrawal symptoms should only last 4 to 6 weeks tops. Everyone else just told me to man up and deal with it...Really? I realize now that I am not crazy and this is not easy.

-Mike 

Hi Mike and welcome to BenzoBuddies.

If you've been reading some of the posts on this forum, you probably know that few doctors "believe in" extended withdrawal from benzos.  We who have been through the benzo wars, however, know a bit about what you have been going through.  Quitting both benzos and alcohol at the same time sure was a gutsy move.  Even though you aren't back 100%, you sound as if you are way better than last year, is that right? 

Yea I'm a lot better compared to ten months ago but still feel anxious most of the time.

Hi Mike,

I quit cold turkey too and know how rough it's been for you.  You did a wise thing quitting the alcohol too, many report things are much worse when drinking.  I'm glad you're here, you'll find out that what you're feeling is real and that you will heal, I did and you will too!

Pam