Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

.125 clonazepam

[ma...]

My psychiatrist gave me a prescription for the 0.125 wafers, so I don't have to keep cutting down a .5 mg pill. I'm afraid now, that she's expecting me to jump off of the .125 dose.

But anyways, has anybody ever used them and are they the same as the .5 ones. I noticed they have phenylalanine in them. Whatever that is. But, it scares me. I know that sounds weird, because I'm taking something as potent as clon. and I'm worried about phen.

And can you cut them down even though their disintegrating tablets?

M

My psychiatrist gave me a prescription for the 0.125 wafers, so I don't have to keep cutting down a .5 mg pill. I'm afraid now, that she's expecting me to jump off of the .125 dose.

Maggie,

I dont' know about the wafers, but I can tell you I jumped off .125mg klonopin pills about 5 weeks ago, and I'm still here.  ;)

I know it can be harder on some than others, and I don't know your benzo background. But for me it was doable, though I am dealing with some insomnia. But this too shall pass.  ;D

Maggie,

The wafers are not supposed to be cut. I guess the klono is not evenly distributed in it so you would not get the amount you are thinking you are getting. Going up and down in your intake may not be good when you are trying to get blood levels as stable as possible.

If you decide not to jump at .125 mg, you can start titrating the rest and gradually reduce your dose. Down to 0.  :thumbsup:  It is really easy to do it. I recommend it if you are worried about jumping off .125. 

tanya  :)

Hi,

As Tanya stated, you can't split wafers. However, you might try grinding one up and mix it with water (I'm unsure of the results, so you will have to experiment). Then, drink just three-quarters or half the glass of milk for a smaller dose than the whole 0.125mg wafer.

Colin,

I don't think you can grind them. They are very soft; they are really supposed to be taken sublingually - melt under your tongue. 

Thanks Tanya and Colin, I didn't think you could split them, but I wasn't 100% sure. I'm going back to my .5 mg. pills. My husband read all your information on titration a few weeks back and got me everything I needed, I just never got around to doing it because I was doing fine cutting them. But, now I do want to go lower.

Eljay, my background is that I have to do it right this time around, because I can't go on another benzo(lol).  I'm laughing, but it's not really funny. My history on benzo's and ssri's is terrible.

I was put on paxil six years ago and had bad side effects, then they added ativan which made it worst. They c/t me off of both of them which was horrible.

Six years later, stupid me takes ativan again for 28 days in December, not sure how much, sometimes .5 mg sometimes 1 mg. I only had a 30 mg. prescription. Had bad anxiety, panic attacks, fast heartbeats and insomnia afterwards. Physician gave me more ativan which calmed me down as usually, but it made my heartbeat go up over 130 beats a minute and wouldn't subside. Took off of ativan, put on buspar, didn't help, put on lexapro, bad side effects. then 1mg. of klonopin which took everything away.

I read somewhere that if you were put on benzo's because of anxiety and not for other reasons, that you might have more problems going off.  Muscle pains, migraines, insomnia, insane thoughts(suicidal), etc. etc., I had them all with the paxil/ativan c/t, but its the chest pressure and the feeling of being strangled 24/7 I can't tolerate. So, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, maybe something between .1 and .05. I wanted to be off by the end of this month, but I don't know now.

M

p.s. I'm so sensitive to drugs that my new psychiatrist had her secretary copy the ingredients in calm forte and rescue remedy. She doesn't want me to take them until she checks them out because of my allergies to pollen and other things.

Colin,

I don't think you can grind them. They are very soft; they are really supposed to be taken sublingually - melt under your tongue. 

I've never had my hands on these. I might be possible to grind the wafer with something hard, like a little salt or sugar. However, thinking about this some more, I am not sure if a sublingual dose would be the same if you ingested the (powdered) wafer anyway (the bioavailability might differ). It is possible the that 0.125mg wafer would deliver a greater or lower dose to blood levels if swallowed.

Maggie, it probably would be safer to titrate the 0.5mg tablets. It is pretty straightforward once you have done it a couple of times.