Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Klonopin to Valium crossover. Please help

[Su...]

I am totally stuck. For several years have been doing a very slow liquid taper from Klonopin. It has been steady from approx l to l and a half mg of k to now 0.055. The symptoms are extreme. I can’t stabilize after 2 months and l am not ready to jump. Thinking with my nurse practitioner to switch over to Valium. Can someone please help with your dosage experience? Can anyone suggest the correct Valium dosage for switch over from 0.055 k?

Edit: Corrected title to match intent.

I got 1.1mg diazepam as an Ashton equivalent for 0.055mg of clonazepam.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/tools/conversion.php

Please keep in mind that an Ashton suggested crossover is gradual and step-wise (usually being done in 4-5 steps with a week or so in between each), owing to the need for diazepam's primary metabolite, desmethyldiazepam, to build up in the body over a week or more and trying to minimize the discomfort of this adjustment. I suspect that switching from a dose of clonazepam to an "equivalent" dose of diazepam all at once could cause distressing symptoms for a week or more.

While your dosage is very small, the Ashton Manual has slow crossover schedules that are worth reviewing IMO before considering a crossover to diazepam. I suggest being aware of the gamble that this transition represents, as well as browsing the forum to better understand the complications that other users have faced when trialing diazepam (histamine issues, depression, sedation, etc).

I hope this helps!

Edit: Corrected title to match intent.

This helps a lot! Thankyou so much for your response. I really appreciate it. This whole process has been so difficult. I didn’t expect suddenly the extreme symptoms at this low dose. I will take your advice with reading more about people’s experiences with the crossovers from k to diazepam and will check the Ashton manuel’s on the slow schedules. I hope things go well for you and thanks again

It's my pleasure to help you. Please post again on this thread if you decide to go ahead with the switch and want peer-support planning a crossover schedule, or have other questions.  :thumbsup: