Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone experience very brief windows of clarity?

[bd...]

[bd...]

I went out for my morning walk and today it was different. I kept experiencing what I can only explain as very brief flashes of clarity. It's like hearing your name called and looking and not seeing anyone there. I'd be walking and for a second or two I'd have this flash of clarity and then the tinnitus and constant low-grade anxiety would come rushing back. I walked for an hour and had about 15 or so of these flashes of clarity, none of which lasted more than 2-3 seconds. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I thought windows were long periods of time when it seemed like everything was OK, and then went away. I've never seen where anyone has had brief bursts of clarity. I don't know if it was because my walking caused endorphins to kick in and make me feel good or what. It was good, but I wish they'd last longer!

Anyone had this experience?

This is still me on Day 29:  :o  ...but with a bunch of brief periods of this:  :)

I haven't but I've read someone's story here that mentioned these. The person (can't remember who) described it as their brain testing to see if it could turn back on yet..nope, still need to heal some more, then flickering back off.

Not exactly.

I did have a couple of days awhile back where I would smell something and it would give me a moment of "awakening" along with good memories of the past. The smell of the air after a thunderstorm reminded me of watching storms as a kid, the produce in the grocery store reminded me of my grandpa's garden, perfumes reminding me of old girlfriends, etc.

This only lasted a couple of days but it was GREAT.

Tucson,

I have had what you described EXACTLY!  I described it as one second I was "here" and the next I was gone again.  Kinda drove me nuts, because I was in and out so quickly.

Didn't get this until after a year off.  Since then the seconds have turned into mins, then hours.  At 16 months now I am up to 7 hours of a great window during my days!!!!

Take it as a good sign.  It's like your brain is sputtering like a car. Soon you will get it jump started again!  Whoo Hoo!!!

tuscon

i feel u bro, i have these brief moments of mental clarity for me when i am walking ourtside and i am walking outside the trees grass etc.... things are so vivid, i do take them as. sign of healing! :thumbsup:

[73...]

Anyone experience very brief windows of clarity?

From this question.. I can derive "Window"...

Yes I do, and sometimes for a few days, a couple of weeks.

The lower I cut, the better I feel. I have w/d.. but at the same time feel better.

Uhhm, it's like going forward in reverse.

S#

My son told me this morning that we are literally rewiring our brains.  Those moments of clarity  (and those smells!!!  I get that too)  are wonderful healing signs.

becca

Hey Princezz, just read your post and that was me!   LOL!   Testing 1,2,3.   hahahaha

LOL okay so i wasn't hallucinating! Never sure what's what these days  :D

• 5 weeks later...
I've had this too, for very brief seconds the benzo brain and DR/DP are gone and I feel normal, but it is literally seconds..in and out,  in and out...guess I should be grateful, but not really excited about it until it lasts for hours.  Glad to hear someone else has this too.  Thanks Tucson

I've read someone's story here that mentioned these. The person (can't remember who) described it as their brain testing to see if it could turn back on yet..nope, still need to heal some more, then flickering back off.

I love that!  I am going to remember this princezz.  Thanks!