Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Steady taper continues...diazepam

[Sc...]

Hi to all,

Just my weekly update to say that once again I went down 1mg last night!  So I WAS at 15mg of Diazepam, and I'm now down to 8mg. 

So far it has gone fairly smoothly with being able to cut 1mg per week.  I do get daily anxiety and sometimes full blown panic attacks....but they were worse when I tapered from Clonazepam.  My main "complaints" are strange surges of adrenaline that make my body feel cold/hot and tingly, some stomach upset (not full out nausea...more queasy), loss of appetite some days (good appetite other days), dizziness and mild headaches, "zaps"/pains in the abdomen/rib cage area...and fear/phobia problems.  It could be worse...I can't stand it and I hate it some days...but I have to remind myself it could be worse.  I know that at some point I may have to slow down the taper (a lot of people seem to have more issues when they hit 5mg???)...but I know that doesn't mean it will happen w/ me.  I HOPE I can do that at 1mg per week b/c then I'll be done in time for summer and I can FULLY "heal" over my daughters summer break.  We can chill together and be outdoors and garden, etc. 

I'll keep trucking along...I know that I can do it for sure...I've come this far and I refuse to stop.  My husband gives me the biggest hug every Tuesday night when I lower my dose. lol  He's become quite the cheerleader.  :yippee:

I hope this gives some of you hope.  I know I have those days where I cry and cry and think "I can't do this...I didn't ask for this!!!"...but then the panic subsides and I can relax and think more positively.  It's not easy.  But I'm determined to get this med out of me.  I hope you are all well and keep up the great work!!!

All the best,

Schatje

Thanks for the great update, Schatje.  ;D  You obviously have a number of w/d symptoms to contend with but your positive attitude and hub's support are more than a match for them.  :boxer:  Congrats on being nearly half way there!  :clap:

[d3...]
I do get daily anxiety and sometimes full blown panic attacks....but they were worse when I tapered from Clonazepam.

Same here.

I'll keep trucking along...I know that I can do it for sure...I've come this far and I refuse to stop.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Thank you for giving us all an update.

S#