Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I need a new and final taper plan (planning on doing it long term this time)

[mi...]

so its been a very hard semester with school and medical problems that Ive had so I got back on K ive taken it on and off for the past 5 months but the last month ive really upped it to about 6mg a day. Now to be perfectly honest I am planning on tapering down starting tomorrow switching to xanax for vacation in june for 2 weeks (not upping the dose but xanax his me and K doesnt) and then back to a regular tapering dose. I kind of know how to do the tapering processes because you have helped me before but where do you think I should start on my dose? Thanks for the help and support BB you guys rock. I have these terrible headaches and I am hoping that the reason is zoloft w/d I quit that 8 months ago and the mix of benzos... I have no idea what else it could be nor do the neurologist or ent. I have a new doctor im meeting friday and I plan to tell him this same story so he doesn't give me anymore benzos after im healed

Hi Mike,

Sorry you're having so much trouble with the school/withdrawal thing. Could you explain why you're switching from K to X? I didn't understand the statement you made - "not upping the dose but xanax his me and K doesnt"

:)

[f0...]

Mike,

Your signature says 5mg of Klonopin.

So, when you return from Europe.. you are going to start tapering then?

im going to travel Europe next month and if i freak out I want to have the xanax instead of the K, I hate plans traveling and everything involved to get there lol

So, exactly what Benzo are you on?

I'm getting mixed signals here with what mg and Benzo you are going to be tapering.

S#

[f0...]

How do you plan on tapering?

6mg of K is 120mg of Valium.

You could start by decreasing it by 0.5mg, hold there for 2 weeks and then start cutting 0.25mg, then when you get down to 3mg of Klonopin, which is 60mg of Valium, you could start crossing over via Ashton Method.. IF the doctor will work with you.

The rate you cut is up to you, but that's what I would do.. personally.

S#