Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

REFLUX and Constant Tingling ...Or HeeBee Jeebees =//

Hello Buddies :)

I was reading a tread and I notice a couple members where dealing with Reflux. Is this something that is a direct result from taking the Benzo's OR is it only part of the withdrawals ~?? I ask because I had the Nissen surgery back in 1996 and again in 1997 after 15 years taking meds for the G.E.R.D.

Currently I am going NUTS with the tingling/pins and needles OR has I call them the HeeBee JeeBees because it also feels like something is crawling under my skin.

Thanks so much for your replies :)

Noreen

Yes, I believe that the benzos play a major role with reflux. The benzos weaken the LES which creates reflux as you are aware. I have no doubt the benzos caused my reflux both directly and indirectly. I had the NISSEN done last week. Thus far I am very thankful! NO more heartburn!!!

Yoda

Yes, I believe that the benzos play a major role with reflux. The benzos weaken the LES which creates reflux as you are aware. I have no doubt the benzos caused my reflux both directly and indirectly. I had the NISSEN done last week. Thus far I am very thankful! NO more heartburn!!!

Yoda

OMGosh Yoda... I too know the feeling of heartburn =// All those years and NO doctor of mine associated it with the benzo's =(( THE surgery I had also AFTER so many bouts of not being able to swallow and choking on my own saliva. I can't even begin to tell you what I have gone through before I had the NISSEN surgery. When I had it ... this surgery was new. Then what I have gone through since the surgery. I have not had problems with the G.E.R.D. although I don't absorb Magnesium or Calcium and Potassium =// Currently am seeking help for the issue caused by the lack of these MUST have minerals.

Thanks so much for sharing... wow... at least I know why now :) 

Also... I wish you a speedy recovery... I wasn't able to eat for 3 months... and then they brought on the bread and meat :) I had lost a lot of weight in that 3 months too. I remember LIFE was so good after the surgery also. I didn't mine having to eat baby food *winks*

You are welcome! Could you burp after the surgery? Thanks!!!

Nooooo... I couldn't and ... 6 months after the surgery was my doctor gave me a clean bill of health... 5 days later I went to a Sears store to buy a iron and the selves the iron was on came toppling down on me. I had rupture the surgery site and had to be cut open from my sternum to my belly button =// Then the saga began again. I had to have several other surgeries to tighten up the esophagus (the part close to the stomach) ... because I was having acid coming up again and it was going into my lungs and scarring them. KEEP in mind I was taking the benzo's still. Sooooo I can now say I know why I had G.E.R.D. to begin with because I sure don't have it now... thank God :)

It is amazing to me all that the benzo's can create within ourselves. I have had a irregular heart rate for about 20 years at least and NOW I am finding out it does go back to the benzo's and a magnesium deficiency...  :-X

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the NISSEN or G.E.R.D..... I am finding out I can be more helpful than I had first thought when joining :)

• 9 months later...

I have battled acid reflux while on benzos and while tapering too quickly from them.  Been taking PPI's for about 4.5 years.  Klonopin (the benzo I am on) has also caused weight loss and indigestion.  Never knew it could cause digestive issues or I wouldn't have gone on it.  (Of course, had I known it was a Tranquilizer, I wouldn't have gone on it either.)

fg