Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Into recovery

[ru...]

During some very stressful circumstances I was prescribed alprazolam which I took for 2 months until the stress was gone. I then did what I thought was a "slow" weaning from 1mg/d to 0 over a week and a half (yes what a laugh). I ended up suicidal and in a psych hospital. Alprazolam was reinstated and then switched to diazepam of 30 mg. Over 6 month I reduced diazepam to 10 mg. Then over another 4 months reduced another 1mg. Then I finally found out how bad benzos were and that I was struggling because of tolerance WDs. I started tapering off the 9mg in Sept 10 and completed beginning of Feb 11. Am now 3 mo off and finding it pretty hard. I am not sure whether I have had improvement of not. Certainly some days are better than others but all are hard.

Hello ruralie,

First congratulations on being Benzo free. That's a big accomplishment on it's own. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear you're having withdrawal symptoms.

Everyone will try to help you through this healing process the best we can.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Mike

Ruralie

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!!  Congratulations on getting off benzos.  I was on Xanax too and did a cross over to Valium as well.  I know how hard it is to get off the last little bit.  Great you were able to do all that on your own.  Sometimes the withdrawal symptoms can linger but you are on the road to healing completely.

Oleander

Hello Ruralie and welcome to BB. Congrats on being benzo free! I know it is tough, but things will get better as more time passes. Hang in there, we understand and are here for you.