Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Sleep Panic During the Day from Klonopin

Since I have been taking Klonopin it makes me sleepy 30 minutes after I take it and then about 2 hours after I take it.  If I close my eyes I will fall right to sleep but always wake up in 10-15 minutes in a panic that lasts about 20 minutes.  Everytime!  Does that happen to any other Klonopin users?

The sleep problems were really bad awhile for me too. But, I had already stopped taking Klonopin.

It was just like what you describe though.

I would be sleeping and then out of the blue, it was like someone turned on the Adrenalin switch. It scared the tar out of me when that happened.

Try to learn some breathing exercises if you can. That does help some, in calming your heartrate.

Things will even themselves out in time,

Mike

I've heard it described as toxic naps. 

I go to bed and a few hours later, around 1 am, I wake up with an "adrenalin rush".  My heart is pounding.  I get up, take a shower.  It both grounds me and soon after, cools me off.  I can often get back to sleep and get a couple more hours.  This has started a few weeks ago with more regularity.  I think it's just more wd. crap and will go away.

Wow....I had this happen last night. It had happened a couple of times before but I didn't know what it was.  Usually when I am falling to sleep I get this overwhelming feeling of fear. Most of the time I fall asleep but sometimes I am up all night because of it.  I am scared to go to sleep.  And the I work myself up almost to panic attack level and am up all night long!  How do I get through all of this and get some sleep?  I work at a stressful job 40+ hrs a week and HAVE to function!  :-[