Am I really going to be better?

I may have posed this question before, but I don't recall, so I'll go ahead and ask (again). During my initial super-drop in benzo dosage, despite the discomfort of withdrawal, I reaped some big benefits. All five senses improved, sexual function returned to normal, marked improvement in personality, was able to run for the first time in years, and I was also overcome with a sense of hope that has eluded me for about as long as I can remember. This all lasted for about a week, then most of it went away. Yesterday I was 5 months off Ativan, and I've cut my valium dosage down to 7.5 mg/day now. Still, none of those good things have come back. Were the original good things just a product of a super-revved nervous system, or what? I so want the good stuff to come back, that's why I'm so determined to get off these pills, but it's just not happening. :-\

It always boils down to time. And time moves more slowly when you are tapering and recovering.

Sounds like you had a nice window. You will have more of those. But it takes time.

-Tanya