Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Am I really going to be better?

I may have posed this question before, but I don't recall, so I'll go ahead and ask (again). During my initial super-drop in benzo dosage, despite the discomfort of withdrawal, I reaped some big benefits. All five senses improved, sexual function returned to normal, marked improvement in personality, was able to run for the first time in years, and I was also overcome with a sense of hope that has eluded me for about as long as I can remember. This all lasted for about a week, then most of it went away. Yesterday I was 5 months off Ativan, and I've cut my valium dosage down to 7.5 mg/day now. Still, none of those good things have come back. Were the original good things just a product of a super-revved nervous system, or what? I so want the good stuff to come back, that's why I'm so determined to get off these pills, but it's just not happening. :-\

It always boils down to time. And time moves more slowly when you are tapering and recovering.

Sounds like you had a nice window. You will have more of those. But it takes time.

-Tanya