Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Very depressed but not when I'm in a window - this is good right?

I have been very depressed on my withdrawal since December and am so afraid that I am going to be like this when I am done my withdrawal.  I am taking Prozac but it is not helping me but am afraid to stop it or even taper.  But the good thing is that when I have a window and I have had a few in the last month - I am not depressed at all.  So does that mean that the depression is part of the benzo withdrawal and is not truly me?

I surely hope so - one less thing to worry about as I go down this tough tough road.  When I am in a window I am a different person from this benzo person that I have become over the last 8 months.

Love Hoping2BFree

Hope the depression is normal as I have experienced this as well. It take time for your body to heal. Please do not taper or cut the prozac until you heal from the benzos as I did that with lexapro early on in my taper and  really screwed me up!! Hang on! You will make it!

Hi Hope! Oh yes that means its w/d..Its a nice little reminder of our selves when we are in a window.. :)..I fell into the depression during w/d and im not a depressed person I think it was situational depression..It all gone now and I feel so hopeful and joyfelt..Hang in there your almost there  :smitten: Jenny