Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can leftover suspension liquid be used the next day or two?

[tw...]

I actually have two questions:

1)  Can leftover liquid be used more than one day in a row?  For instance if I prepared a 100 ml batch of clonazepam/milk solution, and took 25 ml that day, could I take 24 ml the next day from that same 100ml batch I prepared? 

2)  Does liquid change anything about the pill -- its chemical makeup, its potency, its half life? 

Would it change over time  --- again, I'm asking if I can take a liquid mixture (usind milk) I prepared 2 or 3 days ago?

Thanks.

T

Hi Twell:

Yes, the leftover liquid can be used for more than one day in a row.  Noone seems to really know for sure how long the liquid will retain its potency.  So the general rule of thumb here on the forum is "for up to three days."  I think you should be fine taking a liquid mixture made three days ago.  There are no reports I am aware of about people having problems in this time frame.  Make sure you mix well before drinking.

Draftsman

This question should be stickied, as it's asked on a daily basis... but why would you need to save for more than 1 extra day I don't really understand, unless you are purposefully making a potent solution, or is there something I'm missing?

The liquid seems (at least home-made) to have a little less potency than the dry pills (the chemical makeup and half-life are unaffected -- absorption, not getting the entire pill perfect in your liquid and leaving some behind, etc.) This is very commonly reported. Who knows why, could be a myriad of things. I advise anyone switching to titration to treat the switch to liquid as a cut in itself.

We went away for Christmas while I was still tapering. I prepared all of my water titration in advance. By the fourth day I could tell the difference, so I think three days would be the outer limit. FWIW, I refrigerated my drug water. I don't know if I needed to. I just did.

We went away for Christmas while I was still tapering. I prepared all of my water titration in advance. By the fourth day I could tell the difference, so I think three days would be the outer limit. FWIW, I refrigerated my drug water. I don't know if I needed to. I just did.

Hi Vita64:

Just curious, what difference did you notice?

best,

Draftsman