Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Holly

[Ho...]

Hi, I'm going to be trying to come off 1mg Klonopin (as well as Ambien and sleep meds in general!) ... AND I NEED HELP!! The titration method sounds intersting...

Hello Hollyms,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

For how long have you been taking Klonopin (and Ambien)? What dose of Ambien do you take?

There is a lot of experience here - I'm sure our members will be able to help you.

Hi and welcome to BenzoBuddies, Hollyms.

If you are interested in titrating off the Klonopin or Ambien or both, I'm sure someone can help you with directions.  All you need to do is start a new topic/thread on the Titration Tapers Board and post the necessary information including the rate at which you would like to taper.  Many start around 10% every 10 days but you can go slower or faster, of course.  Since Ambien is much shorter acting, it would probably be a good idea to taper off it first.  I tapered off of it myself but used the dry cutting method, cutting the tablets in 1/4s and dropping a 1/4 piece (for me, that was 2.5mg out of a 10mg tablet) every week for 4 weeks.  I did mine in reverse (benzo first then Ambien) because I didn't know any better but either way can work.  :thumbsup:

Hello Holly and welcome to BB! How long have you been on the Ambien and Klonopin? Titration is a good approach to get off, allows for smaller cuts. Let us know what questions you have.