Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is the cornstarch in the med or is it a filler?

[d4...]

[d4...]

I can't believe this is happening to me.  i joined a corn forum. This is real.  I had a severe reaction tonight.  BUT, the cornstarch in still in the k.  Lost my internet last Sunday night.  Just got back on today.  So I don't have my cylinder yet.  But have my schedule and understand it and ready to go.  in the meantime, since this is going to take me 200 days or about, can they compound the cornstarch out?  That question does not seem right to me but I know ya'll know what I mean.  I am reacting to everything and now I know why since joining this group.  Trying to stay away from all the derivatives as much as possible, but it's not that easy.  Just like i get on here and read what we all go through, i now understand about corn.  I'm going to get to where I don't quite know if it's corn or w/d.  But then on the other hand, i will have somewhat of a understanding.  I feel like I'm dreaming.  There are so many symptoms with a corn allergy.  OMG. 

But, in the food, I am trying to get it out of me, I'm so weak, I can't make it to a farmers market yet.  Bought at whole foods.  They lie!!!

had to order lotion, soap, etc that is all corn free.  It's in all that stuff too.  And you KNOW when you are reacting.  So if they can at least remove the cornstarch, at least that is one down.  It's in my thyroid med too.  THe way I read the ingredients, it seems they can't remove it, but i could be all wrong.  i've never heard of anyone having to do this before, so I'm just not sure.  The corn forum told me just to have it removed.  Can this be done?  This all seems next to impossible for me.  :'( :'( :'(

Can someone shed some light? 

Thanks,

Mamie

I don't know the answer to your question, Marnie, but I'm sure a compounding pharmacy would.  I suggest you ask the pharmacist there.  They will give you the most factual answer (not based on opinions).  Good luck.

[d4...]

oh I am so glad someone responded.  I am in tears.  Thank you Beeper. 

maybe someone else will know, but i will have to start calling compouding pharmacies.  maybe someone on here knows of one that has had theirs compounded to know of a good pharmacist that will work with you IF it can be done.  Even if it's out of state. 

Thanks again. 

...hi...mamie

...i found this very interesting article via a Google search:  http://cornfree.ca/meds.htm

...just found this article...http://no-corn.blogspot.com/2008/10/getting-medications-compounded.html DEFINITELY READ IT IN ITS ENRITITY.

...in the article...it is suggested that you ask a compounding pharmacy if they can make up your medication without using corn starch.

"In the event that the drug that the doctor wants to prescribe for you is not available in a corn-free formulation, it may be possible to phone the drug manufacturer and find out whether they will sell the pure drug to a compounding pharmacy. If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself, your pharmacist can do it for you. A compounding pharmacy can then take this powder and make it into pills for you, using a filler other than corn starch."

..the above is in the article.

...hope this helps you alot.

-sam-

[d4...]

OMG!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks again.  I understand that I need to ask for "pure" form.  I hope this new doctor i am going to will understand and do all of this.  I can't imagine him not with me going into anaphalaxis twice now.  I just need to start calling around to compounding pharmacies before I even go to this doctor.  yes????

You have been a GREAT deal of help to me.  Even if I have no luck with this, (say prayers) my sincerest appreciation more than you know. 

Thanks Sam,

Mamie

...mamie...u r welcome.

...can you print out the information from the sites that i gave you and give this printed info to your new doctor?

..again...many CVS pharmacies do compounding.

...there are several compounding pharmacies listed when you do a google search.

...here is a link to a site where you can look up compounded pharmacies:  http://www.pccarx.com/

...the pharmacy that i know compounds and how i want klonopin to be compounded is this:  http://www.youngpharmacies.com/  ...they are located in florida...and..probably cannot fill an out of state prescriptioin....but...you could contact them and ask.  ...i trust them completely.

edited:  found this site about compounding pharmacies...informative:  http://www.iacprx.org/site/PageServer?pagename=P2C2

-sam-