Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

what should i be feeling week 1 off klonipin crossed over to valium

Everyone says you have to adjust but I am not sure what I should be feeling, I had been on klon 4 x day and now crossed to valium 20mgs/day was Klon 1mg and I wonder what others feel, by 1:00 in the afteroon I feel a little ill and take 5mgs, by 4:00 I take another 5mgs and then 10mgs at bed

Sph

[fc...]

I'm not sure about Klonopin, but I crossed over from roughly 4 mg. Xanax to 30 mg. Valium in the summer of 1999 and I went down gradually over 3-4 weeks on the Xanax while simultaneously increasing Valium at the same time. Since Xanax has a much shorter half life than Valium but is more potent, I really didn't have a lot of sxs by slowly changing over. If you did an abrupt cross-over, then you might experience some discomfort and sxs, but I would think that by the end of the second week your body should be adapting to the Valium. I know I tried to cross from Xanax to Klonopin and never was successful, which is why I changed to Valium. I just never felt "right" on Klonopin. I would suggest just hanging in there if you've made an abrupt change from one to the other.

Keep the faith! You'll make the change and can then begin a nice, slow taper off of Valium. I tapered down to small doses of Valium several times, but job stress just led me to increase my dose. I'm not working now and just got word I've been approved for Unemployment, so I took the plunge and CT'd from roughly 30 mg. of Valium 24 days ago. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone, but after 11+ years on Valium and nearly two years on Xanax before that, I didn't have another slow taper in me...

Everyone's experience is different, so trust your "gut" instincts and try and focus on doing what you need to do one day at a time. Good luck -- and have a good weekend.

Jac in Tucson

This is me at Day 24:  :o

SPK,

Can you please tell me how you transitioned from K to V.  I am on .5 K and am thinking of going over to the valium so I can take it at night and hopefully get off ambien as well.  How has the transition been?