Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Two Months off klonapin!

[ca...]

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been klonapin free for almost two months now! It took me a year to slowly withdrawal but I finally did it! I do still have some very, very mild withdrawal symptoms that haven't completely gone like slight electrical feelings in my body but only occassionally! Im getting ready to get off my antidepressant (effexxor) and sure could use some encouragement! Is there a good support group for coming off antidepressants since this is mostly for benzo users! Im getting excited for my new upcoming life. I do still have mild anxiety but am finding some natural supplements to be very helpful for that!

[94...]

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i257/peaches3600/Congratulations/Congratcat.jpg

About the Effexor, come off it very slowly.

I c/t it without knowing any better.  :o

...very good....congratuaatiion....you made it....lots of work.

...got to slowly...slowly...slowly taper off of effexor.   ..used it for 3 days and had horrific reactions for next 3 days....brain zaps...brain feelin like it was full of electricity...nauseaus...extremely anxious.   ...just go slow..buddy.

..here is a good support forum for gettin off an antidepressant:  http://www.paxilprogress.org/forums/

..here's another link for you:  http://ask.metafilter.com/20094/Tapering-off-EffexorXR

...when i tapered off of cymbalta...i...too...counted the beads in each capsule...removing a specific number from a capsule each day...then throwing those removed beads away...then reclosin the capsule.  ...i did this for about a month to two months???? and was done...and...with NO ill effects...NONE!

-sam-

Congrats on being off Klonopin.  So nice to hear that your remaining symptoms are mild!

Good luck tapering off your a/d, from what I hear that is much easier than getting of the benzos.

Tamzo

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been klonapin free for almost two months now! It took me a year to slowly withdrawal but I finally did it! I do still have some very, very mild withdrawal symptoms that haven't completely gone like slight electrical feelings in my body but only occassionally! Im getting ready to get off my antidepressant (effexxor) and sure could use some encouragement! Is there a good support group for coming off antidepressants since this is mostly for benzo users! Im getting excited for my new upcoming life. I do still have mild anxiety but am finding some natural supplements to be very helpful for that!

Good luck with your recovery.  I am so happy for you.  Stay well my prayers are wit you Mishi

Congratulations!!!  Tomorrow is day 50 Klonopin (or Clonazepam - both over the years) FREE for me too!  I'm also taking Effexor.  We have a lot in common.

I know what this ride has been like for you so far.  WAY TO GO!!!!    :thumbsup:

I was put on Effexor for "anxiety" which turned out to be tolerance withdrawal from benzos. When I got off after 4 weeks, Dr. said just stop and I did. Yucky for three days but no awful.