Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Great window but lots of anger-what's up with that?

[je...]

Hi BBs, You helped me so much two days ago when I felt as bad as I have ever felt on or tapering off of k.  Your words were bracing, loving, and powerful.  Yesterday I woke up with NO benzo sxs.  Not one except my own skepticism that this was not real.  As the day progressed and I felt more and more myself, I was getting really angry, especially with my husband (who was doing absolutely nothing to make me feel this way).  It felt like "Okay now that I feel good again, I can also feel anger." >:( But I don't want to be angry, especially at someone who loves and cherishes me.  He is waiting for my recovery as I am and was surprised at my anger. I feel abashed at my behavior and wonder if this has happened to others--good feelings return but with anger.  Your insights will help me and I will work to curb my anger.  Gosh, if I can handle benzo misery, I should be able to manage my mouth.  Hope so anyway. Thanks for love and support. 

Lots of people in WD talk about having this anger issue. For me it seems to subside quite a bit when the rest of my sx are light, but it is always there, simmering and ready to boil to the surface at the slightest provocation. Pretty frustrating to find yourself constantly getting irritated at trivial things.

my take on anger is that it is a normal human emotion and it will pop up, but because our bodies cannot regulate our nerves in a soothing way until gaba up regulates, we have no "stop" for these emotions.  When I get angry, it takes me hours to calm down.  I've explained it to my bf, but he finds this sx. the most troubling for him.  If I have anger, I will tell him in a rational way.