Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Songs of Hope

[Be...]

Thanks Becks, I watched the video, I guess this was a concert to raise money and hope for those who were affected by natural disasters?  The video reminded me of what I used to think about when I was recovering from my cold turkey.

I'd try to think about the people in Syria or other places where living conditions were so awful and people were suffering.  I'd remind myself that although I was suffering, mine was nothing compared to the horrible way these people had to live and die.  I tried my best to put things in perspective but you know how difficult that is when our brain is telling us all is lost.

Thank you for the song of hope, I hope it helps you with your struggles.

I always thought this song fit our benzo journey.  The Climb by Miley Cyrus.

Pamster…

That is a really good song.  It spoke to me in two different realms.  I had never heard that song before.  Powerful message.  I hope to keep climbing til’ the day I die.  Thanks.

Kindly

j

Pamster…

That is a really good song.  It spoke to me in two different realms.  I had never heard that song before.  Powerful message.  I hope to keep climbing til’ the day I die.  Thanks.

Kindly

j

Thank you Jozsef, I'm glad it spoke to you.

I love the version of Three Little Birds you posted, do you listen to if often, does it help you when you're feeling overwhelmed?

Pamster…

Kindly

j

Thank you Jozsef, I'm glad it spoke to you.

I love the version of Three Little Birds you posted, do you listen to if often, does it help you when you're feeling overwhelmed?

I just discovered the acoustic version… and I think it will help me more than the original version.  It seems to have more “soul.”  I used to listen to the song often.  Sometimes nothing helps but there are those rare occasions when things touch me and I can actually “feel” them… but Pamster… I very rarely can feel anything “good” emotionally regardless of the circumstances.

I like that Flo Rida song too.

It's such a feel-good song.  It puts me in a good mood, tho I haven't really heard if in years until yesterday.

• 3 months later...

Miranda Lee Richards - Life boat

ABBA - I’m still alive & I have a dream

The Wailing Jennys - Light of a clear blue morning

Music plays such a huge part of our healing. Singing and humming strengthen the vagus nerve.

Ashes on Your Eyes - Deb Talan 

This song has always been so powerfully comforting to me.  It evokes the image of a phoenix rising from the ashes, which I think is beautiful metaphor for overcoming benzo withdrawal. 

"Now you only

dream in peaceful blue.

The morning doesn't even scare you

anymore.

You are a phoenix with your feather still a little wet

Baby

The ashes just look pretty on your eyes..."