Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

New to this

[mi...]

I was taking 7 and 1/2mg of Ativan per day with 10mg Doxepin. Was in the hospital for a week on Tegretol and went down very fast to 1 and 1/2mg Ativan. At home I stopped the Tegretol because it made me sick and went back up on Ativan to 4 and 1/2mg per day. I also went back on the Doxepin which has been great. I started reading this website and it has so much support for withdrawal. I plan to stay on the Doxepin because of it's antihistamine and that it helps me to sleep, takes care of my allergies and gives me an appetite. I am starting to get use to this reduction of Ativan and become more stable with not much withdrawal. Then I plan to very slowly taper down another very small dose of Ativan. I am also a born again Christian and could not have done this without the Lord.

Hi and welcome to BenzoBuddies, miss kim.

I tapered off the generic Ativan nearly 3 years ago now so I know it can be done.  I'm so glad you've been able to work out a plan that results in minimal withdrawal symptoms.  Hopefully that will continue throughout  your taper.  Let us know how we can help support you on your journey.

miss Kim ...Hello and welcome here to BB..Wow I am so glad you are stable with  the dose your on rt now..I think when your ready to taper you will get the best information and support you need :thumbsup:..Jenny

Hello Miss Kim and welcome to BB! I am glad you are stabalizing on the lower dose of Ativan. What is your taper plan? Most find cutting no more then 10% of their total dose every 1-2 weeks as a guideline works for them. Let us know how we can help, glad you found us.

• 2 months later...
Thank you all for the friendly welcomes. I posted a question in the taper plan section titled "Librium." I need help with how I am going to start to taper. This Ativan is one wicked drug. If I knew back then what I know today about it, when the doctor offered it, I would have told him a big NO!!