Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Kloopin to valium

[el...]

I am struggling here.  Switching from 1 mg of klon to valium.  Began yesterday, by cutting to 3/4 mg klon, and incorportating 5 mg valilum.  Feel like a zombie today.  Also changing dosing from the full dose at night to every 6 hours taking 1/4 mg klon and then the 5 mg valium in evening.  Know this is hard.  I am shaky and feel horrible, not anxiety, just exhaustion and feel horrible.  Any feedback?  Lori

I am struggling here.  Switching from 1 mg of klon to valium.  Began yesterday, by cutting to 3/4 mg klon, and incorportating 5 mg valilum.  Feel like a zombie today.  Also changing dosing from the full dose at night to every 6 hours taking 1/4 mg klon and then the 5 mg valium in evening.  Know this is hard.  I am shaky and feel horrible, not anxiety, just exhaustion and feel horrible.  Any feedback?   Lori

Initially Valium can be very sedating. I only took my dose at night and c/o'd directly to Valium. I think taking it all at once at night helped me. I still woke up feeling sedated. The sedation becomes less as you taper.

[82...]

Lori,

I crossed from Klonopin to Valium, and at first it made me feel very sedated and confused.

As you taper down, the sedation will leave and fatigue will decrease. It has for me.

Feel like a zombie today.

Yes, it made me feel the same way at first, and this too decreased when I c/o and began tapering.

S#

• 2 weeks later...

I am struggling here.  Switching from 1 mg of klon to valium.  Began yesterday, by cutting to 3/4 mg klon, and incorportating 5 mg valilum.  Feel like a zombie today.  Also changing dosing from the full dose at night to every 6 hours taking 1/4 mg klon and then the 5 mg valium in evening.  Know this is hard.  I am shaky and feel horrible, not anxiety, just exhaustion and feel horrible.  Any feedback?   Lori

I tried to move from .5 k to V in 5 days. UGH. felt terrible. stopped. I have read that V doesn't cover two sub receptors of GABA that k does, so if you don't cross slow you can feel the wd from K. But like everything in this strange wd world, who knows?

I am thinking of trying Librium as I hated the "fuzzy" feeling from V.

Let us know how you are doing!! Hope it gets easier for you.