Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tremors that nobody can figure out.

[bm...]

Here is my issue: for several years my entire body has been shaking, even before benzo's it's an internal tremor that nobody can see and it makes me feel tired. Its not like a Parkinson's tremor that's visible but I can feel it in my hands and legs and especially when I write and go to grab things, text, type, etc. Been to 2 neuro's they say it's probably sleep deprivation, I have been sleep deprived for several years and especially coming off of Benzo's cold turkey 12/1/10 and not sleeping for 4 months then reinstating on Valium which I've been on for 8 nights and have been sleeping like a baby. So, does this sound like sleep deprivation tremors going throughout my body, hands/core/legs, does it take a while to reset sleep debt? More than 8 nights? Does this sound like parkinsons? Does this sound like essential tremor? It's not anxiety because it's like this 24/7.

I would love some insight on this????

Have you sought out a medical opinion for this issue or had any tests conducted?

I think if I were in your position I would certainly speak to a doctor about this.

2 mri's countless blood work and scans, thyroid, they all feel that it's from long term sleep deprivation.  Now I've been sleeping fine for 8 nights, do you think it will take a while for the muscle spasm tremors to stop? They feel more tired muscle related.

2 mri's countless blood work and scans, thyroid, they all feel that it's from long term sleep deprivation.  Now I've been sleeping fine for 8 nights, do you think it will take a while for the muscle spasm tremors to stop? They feel more tired muscle related.

I think that it might take some time for your body to relax and stop spasming again.  It seems like you have had an array of tests and all was fine, so all signs point to your sleep issues.  Our bodies are amazing, so I am sure that in time you will heal and recover from all of this.

Can anyonE else give me any insight on how long it takes for your body to stop muscle spasms/tremors in legs and hands if I've been sleeping 8hours a night for the past 9 nights.  I was told it can take a while if You have been sleep deprived for a long time.  I have been sleep deprived for 4 months and then before that on and off for 2 years.  Should I give it some time? my Neuro freaked me out a little and said I might have essential tremor and I just wanted to confirm with everyone here that sleep deprivation can cause this and wanted to know how long it would take with consistant sleep to calm down or eliminate the tremors in my hands and legs.  My body also feels like it's swaying back and forth like a building.

Any Input is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!