Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What exactly is a 'window'?

[da...]

Is it a fleeting moment when you forget about your symptoms?  Is it a reduction in symptoms from having 10 or 15 all going on at once down to a half dozen?  Or is it feeling of complete relief from it all, no matter how short or long the period of time is.  I don't think I have ever had any during this nightmare unless a 'window' can be a hour when I don't notice the piercing tinnitus or the annoying PVC's.  I guess when I get up and I don't feel as bad as I did the day before....THAT is a window??

Thank you all, my BB.  I am sure others have asked this before but honestly, it takes everything I have to type let alone do a search.

Donna

[a2...]

Donna,

I'm still tapering. A window to me is when I feel like my old self before Benzo's.

I had one for 2 months, no symptoms whatsoever, this was back in Nov. & Dec. of last year.

Is it a fleeting moment when you forget about your symptoms?

During a window.. I don't forget about my sx's, but it's like they never existed in the first place.

That's the only way I can explain my "Windows".

S#

Hello Damaged!

A good window to me is being able to feel as close to my old self as possible,  I never have timed them, but sometimes I have them for a day or a 1/2 day or an hour these windows give me hope, and when you experience one you will know what we are talking about.  I never understood until I had my own experience.  I did have some while tapering but have them everday now. 

Kay58

A window to me is relief from symptoms weather that is just a few to many.  It is not a healing because a window is short lived not a forever thing.  Windows can take place in one or all of the following areas (mental, cognitive, spirit, and physical).

As time goes on the windows get clearer meaning more sx's are gone and you feel more like your old self and they get longer.

Often it is a 2 step forward and 1 step back process.

Im now close to 16 months off and I have experienced a couple of 100% windows for a few hours a day.  YEA! 

Hugs and Healing to you all!

Believe

Thank you, my friends.  I guess I have just not had any that are memorable...this after 18 months.  I suppose I have to accept that my age (Old Broad) and the fact I c/t'd lexapro may have something to do with my progress....or lack of it.  If anything my symptoms are far worse than they were three months ago.  When I got shingles after my sister died,(over Christmas) everything went down hill.

Thank you again...

Donna

Don't get too discouraged Donna,

I'm not a spring chicken either and ct'd off lexapro too.  Now at 16 months and still symptomatic.  Think we got a double wammy with the benzo and AD.  UGH!

For me, it's a time when I feel like a regular human being again.  When I feel happiness, and am not thinking of my illness, or fighting to get through the day.  It's the best feeling ever!