Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Under attack again after 11 months off :(

[ru...]

Just wanted to put this by y'all. The last few days have been awful because along with the muscle spasms in my legs at night & 'twitching' which I can cope with..plus headaches & the head in a vice sensation,I have had the dreaded return of one of my worst sx's..It starts with feeling really poorly, quickly followed by the hot/cold breaking out in a sweat & feeling faint..I just want to keel over & die!! This then causes great stress/anxiety & the whole cycle starts all over. I really thought this sx had gone, but this last week my life is back in nightmare mode, never knowing when it is going to hit me..after 11 months benzo-free I am still under attack (as I call it  :pokey:), still getting the heart palps, tinnitus etc. etc. feeling really sorry for myself & just wanted to share, you guys are my only hope in understanding all this crap. Yours, Roobz xx

I'm so sorry that you are experiencing these symptoms again - I know it's frustrating :(

Has anything stressful been going on recently?  I know for me, stress can bring a return in some symptoms.

Hi Missy..actually now you mention it YES! my hubby has been particularly obnoxious (more than usual) it has made me feel quite ill never knowing what to say/don't say in case I annoy him ..am constantly walking on egg shells. TY for pointing this very obvious possible reason out to me. Bless you x

Sorry to read that parts of the nightmare are back.  I am experiencing the two steps forward one step back.  I feel for you, but the fact that you shared your situation at 11 months makes me feel better and comforted by the fact that not everyone bounces back.  Of course, I wish that you and I could bounce back, but frankly glad for the company on this journey of healing.  Sorry about hubby.  I think that our loved ones get burned out.  I try not to say too much to hubby because he wants to solve it.  Then I get defensive with "Can't you just accept that it is the benzos." Keep us posted.

Hi Missy..actually now you mention it YES! my hubby has been particularly obnoxious (more than usual) it has made me feel quite ill never knowing what to say/don't say in case I annoy him ..am constantly walking on egg shells. TY for pointing this very obvious possible reason out to me. Bless you x

Sorry for you issues.  I know this can really hurt.  I am scared to go home because of the same issue. I hope and pray for you.  I do not know what I am getting my self into.  I want things to work out at home but my hubby also can take so much.  I do not blame him, but on the otherhand I have to heal,  Just like you do.  How do you cope with this problem.  I would like to know if you do not mind ,so I can try if i have to, to see how I can deal with it.  Proud of your recovery.  I am not there yet.  I wish you well good luck.  Lots of good health to come.  Mishi