Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

ups and downs today is an up day

[ka...]

Hi all!

This is day 8 off of Ativan, and for the most part a very good day-if you read my post yesterday I was experiencing one of my worst days.  Today I went shopping at the health food store went to the art gallery and actually had conversation with a couple of strangers.  I wanted to go to a restaurant, but thought I might be pushing it since sitting with people seems to be harder for me.  When I was at the art gallery they had a sign up sheet for a photography class, it starts May 7th which is to soon to make commitments but oh how I would love to think I could.  I am getting ready to go watch a friends grandaughter play baseball for apx 1/2 hour.  I think these little doses of interaction is one of our ways back to the way we used to be, and from reading the positive feedback from those who are on the other side it makes us believe we to will be there.

Benzo buddies please keep writing the positive when ever you have good days because it gives so much hope.

Kay58

Hi Kay.  I too love to hear of the good days so thanks for posting.  I find that making commitments (even though I may think I am not ready) is really stabilizing.  I have dates to walk every day and a yoga class with my 88 year old mom.  These things force me to get going every day and interact with other people even when I really don't want to.  The more I get out (and out of my head) the better I do.  Yesterday I totally surrendered myself to my more negative impulses and watched TV all day.  This ended up with me crying alone on the couch.  NOT SO GOOD!

I am actually going on a trip to France on May 5th which requires that I really put myself out there.  I am definitely nervous about flying and lack of sleep and just generally functioning normally buy I am hoping a new environment and time zone jolt me into some positive healing.  I hope you get to take your photography class soon!

[4f...]

Kay,

How wonderful to hear!  It is so important that we celebrate these small victories in our recoveries :)

Keep on keepin' on!

Nicole

[f1...]

I have to echo the comments made so far. I am on Day 22 off Valium and from my experience I tend to feel more "with it" if I force myself to get out of the house and go for a walk, or go to the grocery store. When I am home I tend to turn inwards and my thoughts sometimes begin to overwhelm me. I understand that the simple passage of time is what heals us, but I strongly think that getting out helps keep you in the here and now. There will be bad days to come, but there will also be good days, and as you heal the good days will be greater than the bad days, and the bad days will not be as bad. I hope that makes sense. I just try and live life one day at a time and keep reminding myself not to dwell so much on the future. Life has a way of taking care of itself. Hang in there!

Best wishes,

Jac in Tucson

This is me:  :o