Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How often should I cut?

[Jo...]

I did my switch from xanax to valium. stablized for a month. At 25mg. Just made my first 2.5mg cut last friday. My doctor says to make another cut this coming friday? Is that right? cut every single week? I thought we cut every two weeks?

I wanna get off this shit but i'm already feeling affects from the cut 4 days later(sleep interruptions, body parts falling asleep)

[b7...]

Johny,

10% every 7-14 days.

You just cut 2.5mg from 25mg?

I thought we cut every two weeks?

That's the guideline.

Everyone cuts at different times. I'm tapering Valium, too.

I cut 10% a month at least. You may want to slow it down when you hit 20mg.

S#

I forgot to add, i'm at 10mg in the morning now. 22.5 at night.

Should my next cut be morning or night cut?

do i alternate?

Hey there!

I made the crossover from Clonazepam to Diazepam (Valium) and held for 4 weeks and I've been making a 1mg cut every 7 days since the crossover.  I started from 15mg, so I'm down to 10mg now and I am deciding whether or not to make the cut down to 9mg tonight....just b/c I've had a bit of a rougher week.  All and all the taper hasn't been horrible by any means.  I get a lot of hot rushes over my arms/legs, but it's been much easier to taper from it that the Clonazepam.  And don't be surprised if you feel extremely tired for a bit...not everyone does but man did I ever!  Once I hit the 11mg point I started to get WAY more energy.  :)

Do what YOU feel is best and you can always hold a bit if you're having a particularly rough week...but up until this week I've been able to cut 1mg every 7 days...and the only reason I'm doubting making a cut tonight is b/c I've had a lot of "medical issues" going on w/ my daughter and myself that have caused some stress this week...so we'll see.  But part of me thinks I might as well b/c the cuts haven't been that bad.

All the best and I hope this post helped a bit.

Schatje

Me again...just read your update...I take my full dose all at dinner time so I can't help there...the Ashton Manual MAY help if you Google it.  Sorry I can't help more.  All the best!!!

I like the idea of a 1mg cut every week as opposed to 10% every couple weeks....obviously once I get to around 10mg i'll have to drop the 1mg cut to less.

[b7...]

I like the idea of a 1mg cut every week as opposed to 10% every couple weeks....obviously once I get to around 10mg i'll have to drop the 1mg cut to less.

Whatever rate you find comfortable with.

As you get lower in mg, you may want to taper slower.

Sounds like you know what you want to do.

S#