Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Freaky migrane

[sc...]

Hi BB's,  Bad day today! Had a "migrane with auora". It's a migrane where you lose parts of your vision. I was diagnosed with them while I was trying to get to the bottom of my withdrawl symptoms. Hard to tell if they are benzo related or not, but it is very scary to lose your sight even if it's only for 30 or so minutes. The neurologist I saw verified that it was'nt a stroke. They are very scary even when you are not in benzo withdrawl! Yikes! Anyone out there ever have something like this? Would love to hear from you!    Scott

[2b...]

Went to the Doc for this exact thing a few hours ago.  They are very distressing!

For me, it starts as having trouble seeing things out of my peripheral vision.  Withing 20 minutes there is a flashing crescent moon shaped spot taking up most of my field of view.  The shape gets larger and larger until it eventually makes its way out of my view.  That's when the intense head pain starts. 

Is this like what you are experiencing?

[5e...]

Scott,

I get those, too. I had a headache that was pretty extreme about 2 weeks ago. I know how those feel. This wasn't a migraine, but beyond a migraine. I had the Aura too. It's like a zig-zag of colour that floats around in the air. I had them before withdrawal as well.

Do you take anything for them?

Or.. just ride them out?

S#

Thanks everyone for replying! It helps alot to know i'm not alone and that peole deal with this to. I do have a couple scrips for this but i try to ride it out the best I can. I know my cns is on overdrive and stuff like this tends to send me to Defcon 4! I usually lose my peripheral vision first as it comes on but not today, just my point of focus. I hav'nt had one since Nov. and was hoping that being Benzo free meant the end of them. Not so lucky yet.Oh well...it passed. Thanks again!