Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Fine inner Body/Hand/leg tremors.

[bm...]

Way before I went on benzo's a few years ago my hands started shaking, it's not a visible tremor but it's mostly when I reach for things and grab things, I also notice my body sways back and forth like a building, I just wanted to know if these are symptoms of anxiety? If I concentrate hard I can calm ten down but if I straiten my hands I can feel them spasm.

Wanted to get your guys take on it. Again, this was before Benzo's were ever used and in 2008 I had a brain MRI negative and 2009 a brain MRA negative, was at mayo clinic for the million dollar workup and nothing was found.

-BMW

bmw,

From Wikipedia:

"Tremor can also be caused from lack of sleep, lack of vitamins, or increased stress.

Deficiencies of magnesium and thiamine have also been known to cause tremor or shaking, which resolves when the deficiency is corrected.

...Eliminating tremor “triggers” such as caffeine and other stimulants from the diet is often recommended.

Physical therapy may help to reduce tremor and improve coordination and muscle control for some patients. A physical therapist will evaluate the patient for tremor positioning, muscle control, muscle strength, and functional skills. Teaching the patient to brace the affected limb during the tremor or to hold an affected arm close to the body is sometimes useful in gaining motion control. Coordination and balancing exercises may help some patients. "

Note that stress is mentioned as a potential cause, and I think stress is certainly associated with anxiety.

-David