Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Female problem -- can anybody help?

Hi Everyone,

I had a few good days, and then I made a cut three days ago, and now I have a lot of vaginal itching. I had a UTI two weeks ago, and the doctor put me on Levaquin, a fluoroquinolone antibiotic, which messed up my taper and I had to go up by 1 mg. Right now, I just have itching, so I put yogurt down there, and I am taking probiotics and drinking unsweetened cranberry juice in the hope the UTI didn't come back. I get a lot of diarrhea from tolerance withdrawal, so this is probably what's causing these problems. Any more suggestions? I refuse to put garlic in that delicate place because I know it will burn like heck and I can't tolerate most antibiotics. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing. I am such a worry wart these days that I amaze myself. Thanks for your help.

Love,

Genie

What about vagisil...or something for feminine itching?  Being on antibiotics may have given you a yeast infection.  I know I get one every time they put me on them.  They have OTC yeast infection remedies at the pharmacy.  They also sell home test kits to see if you have a yeast infection or if there could be something else going on.  Worth a try.

Love,

Jen

yea antibiotics really through your chemistry off.

acidophilus would help to - avoid sugar - it has been so long since i had one can't remember what to do

Thanks, Jen.

Maybe it is just a yeast infection and maybe Vagisil would help. Never thought women of 61 would get these problems, but anything is possible post antibiotics, especially monilia infections. And, I think taking the probiotics and avoiding sugar could help, too. I take probiotics three times a day, Silver, but I have to admit that I eat sugar once a day -- arghh! I just hate medication, and I hope and pray I won't need more of that garbage. I am SOOO chemically sensitive. Thanks for the feedback, gals!

Love,

Genie

when i was doing my taper sugar would really do a number on me - if i had any sugar at all i would pop a couple of probionics.

i ate very very little sugar.  i used to get bladder infections from sugar - so i kinda weaned myself off it all along - i still eat it now and then but not much.

i even eat cereal w/o sugar.

Do you bake bread? The reason I ask is the stuff that kills the yeast when you're baking bread (water too cold, water too hot, wrong pH) will also kill vaginal yeast. I have found ice water douches work well. A bit chilly though. Also mild to not so mild (but never full strength) vinegar douches. The hot water ones are a little tricky to do so I usually don't try them.

So if it's a yeast infection you might try those.

rufus

oh yes an ice cube placed in the right place would make short work of external itches.

cold water would be better suited for internal treatment - thanks for the tip rufus - hope i remember that when and if i need it.

I have found ice water douches work well. A bit chilly though.

Holy frozen hoooo hoooo Batman....that's brings a whole new meaning to the word frigid!!  LOL  :o :o :o :o

Jen

:socool:

Silver, Linda, Rufus, Jen and Friends,

Believe it or not, the yogurt down there helped with the itch big time, so I didn't have to buy Monistat or stick an ice cube down there - lol! I just freak out every time I get a new symptom. This one seemed to resolve itself on its own. I guess being postmenopausal may have something to do with it -- it might not have been a benzo symptom after all. Thanks for all your help. I'll keep those other suggestions in mind for future reference. Would have tried vinegar, but I hate the odor of the stuff -- it makes me puke.

Love,

Genie