Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Ready for a titration plan - Currently Xanax 1 mg/day

[Ca...]

I would like to start tapering with a titration plan starting 4/30/11. I just ordered a 100 ml cylinder with 1 ml increments from Amazon as well as a mortar and pestle set. I currently am taking .5 mg/day twice a day (splitting 1 mg tabs).

Thanks in advance for your help. Looking forward to being benzo free! :thumbsup:

[8d...]

CanDoMan,

You are splitting a 1mg Xanax a day to make two 0.5mg dosages..

Is this correct?

Everyday, you will take 1/2 a pill by mouth and titrate the 2nd one.

Crush 1/2 a pill into powder and mix it thoroughly with 100ml (cc) liquid. You can use water or milk, but most people use milk. It tends to suspend the pill particles a bit better. You could use other liquids too, if neither of these appeal to you.

Each day, you will start with this original mixture 0.5mg of Xanax in 100mls liquid. Each day you will cumulatively remove and discard 1ml from this mixture immediatly upon mixing vigorously. Drink the remaining.

So....

Day 1: Make your original mixture and remove 1ml. Drink the remaining.

Day 2: Make your original mixture and remove 2mls. Drink the remaining.

Day 3: Make your original mixture and remove 3mls. Drink the remaining.

Day 4: Make your original mixture and remove 4mls. Drink the remaining.

Day 5: Make your original mixture and remove 5mls. Drink the remaining.

...And so on.  

S#

PS- If this seems too slow for you.. you can start out with removing 2mls a day, and then later on as your dose gets smaller you can remove 1ml a day.

Sigma,

Thanks very much for the plan. You have my dosage correct. I am going to go with the 2 ml taper per day and see how that feels. I'll start as soon as the cylinder is delivered. It feels great to be taking steps toward finally being free of this ball and chain.

Thanks again.

[8d...]

Sigma,

Thanks very much for the plan. You have my dosage correct. I am going to go with the 2 ml taper per day and see how that feels. I'll start as soon as the cylinder is delivered. It feels great to be taking steps toward finally being free of this ball and chain.

Thanks again.

You're welcome,

I would start out 2mls as you said, then go to 1ml... if it gets too rough.

Let us know how it goes, and if you have any questions.. just ask.

S#

• 2 weeks later...
[8d...]

CDM,

I noticed you started your taper "4/30/11 - Starting taper plan today"...

How's it going for you?

S#

Hey Sig,

Thanks for checking on me.  This week has been nuts for me so I didn't get to start my taper when I planned.  I'm off work today so I'll start today and I'll have the rest of the weekend to get into the new routine.

Hope all is well.

Danny

[8d...]

You're welcome,

I would advise starting the plan whenever you feel comfortable.

Sometimes during my taper I have to postpone cuts and so on because of certain matters.

S#