Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

lost sense of taste

Hi Eveyone

I was wondering if anyone has lost their sense of taste and smell. I seem to have this smell in my nose that won't go away and food is tasteless or tases the same as the smell

i thought mice or rats where peeing on my clothes - how is that for smell sensitivity - turns out i was sweating a lot.

My nose was completely messed up for a while, of course I thought it was permanate :crazy:, but it came back and now it just comes and goes. 

I couldn't smell anything and then I could smell tttoooo much. It just settles down after a while.

Hi,

Yes, I experienced this too. I lost all sense of taste and smell with my accelerated six-week tapers. I partially lost them with my (final) six-month taper.

Everything I eat tastes sweet, the SALTIER the food, the sweeter it tastes, only not in a good way.  This symptom is new, just today, it's very disturbing.

Also, it feels like strands of hair are on my lips, and I keep wiping my mouth only nothing is there   :idiot:    a weird sensation.  Here I thought most of my symptoms were gone only to have new ones pop up.

Romel

I also experiences changes in skin sensation during withdrawal and for a period afterwards. Again, it resolved itself over time.