Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hi All - So glad I found this site

[Ca...]

I have been on benzos for 11 years now (mostly Xanax) and I am determined to be free of them. I first started taking them for social anxiety and panic attacks that were so dibillitating that I could not work. I am currently taking between .5 and 1.5 mg of Xanax daily depending on the social demands of a particular day which is down from 2 to 3 mg a day before a recent 30 day detox (more on that later). I would really like to try titration to taper off once and for all. Looking forward to participating here and hopefully I can help others as I am being helped.

We're glad you found us, CanDoMan.

Feel free to start a thread in the titration section of the forum.  Someone will be along to help you out with a plan.

Feel free to ask questions, and again, welcome to BB.

Hi Candoman,

Welcome to BB  :)

Have you checked out our titration boards yet?  Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Hi CanDoMan...I met with you earlier in chat..I just wanted to come and say hello and Hang in there you will get thru this.. :thumbsup:..Your friend jenny

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm greatly inspired by those of you are benzo free. I can't wait to be able to make that claim.

Welcome CanDoMan!  This is a great site huh.  Lots of information and good people.  Nice to know we are not alone in our journey :)

I just read Noelle's post and yours caught my eye as well since you both are tapering from xanax.  Me too.  Yeah, after years of use I knew I wanted off this benzo and start dealing with things (especially anxiety) in a different way.  Like you my doctor would not switch me over to valium so I've had to deal with dry cutting and now titrating from xanax.  It's has not been bad all & all.  Sounds like you are getting all set up with your cylinder and pestle.  Titration is great.  Since I began titration I don't have the adjusting period - no bad withdrawal like I had when I dry cut.

When you get lower in your dosing a tool that has made things easier is a little syringe for measuring liquid that you can pick up for free from your local pharmacy.  I used them when my kids were little to give them liquid Advil.  Also I found a pipette useful in getting that exact measurement.  I went to our local hospital at the blood draw station and they gave me a couple for free. 

I noticed you are a runner.  I have read that a lot of people don't exercise, especially vigorously.  Personally exercise really helps me get our my anxiety. 

Hope you have a great Sunday.  Good luck with your taper!  Sounds like you are determined  :thumbsup:  WAY TO BE!

secret

Hi Secret,

Thanks for the reply!  I'm so impressed (and envious) with the small dosage you are on.  The syringe sounds like a great suggestion.  I feel like I'm setting up my own little pharmaceutical labratory...lol.

Yeah, the exercise is so helpful both physically and psychologically.  Strenous physical activity gets me completely out of my head so there is no anxiety or panic.  I wish sometimes I could just run all day.

Thanks again for the post and the encouragement.  I'm rooting for you too!

Danny