Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Good-Bye xanax..hello valium**

I finally took my last xanax today! It was only .25 mg but Im done with my crossover from xanax to valium finally. I followed the Ashton Manual and now I am solely on 20 mg of valium. I have mixed feelings. On one hand I feel so glad to get off the devil drug called xanax but on the other hand I am still on a freaking benzo (valium). I must admit this weak when I was doing the .25 xanax and 20 mg valium I felt a little withdrawal from the little xanax dose. However, after previous attempts of cold turkeying off of xanax it was a walk in the park. All I can do is keep on tapering now off the valium. The valium has built up in my blood now and I beleive I can take it from here. I plan on 20mg valium for a week, 17.5 for a week, 15 mg for a week, 12.5 mg for a week and then once I get to 10 mg I am gonna start making little cuts. Does this sound right? I hope its the right way. All I know is I am gonna "keep on truckin" and take it slow. Ive never tried a slow taper but it seems like this way works.....Hope all you benzo soilders are staying strong out there. You just gotta dig deep and keep your eye on the prize..BEING BENZO FREE ONE OF THESE DAYS.

hi - i think it all depends on how you feel - and i don't get the taper think - as you can see by my footer i was crude at best -  :laugh:

however - someone should be by to cheer you on that actually gets this stuff. ;)

Hi

I'll tell you whats reccomended 10% cuts every 7-14 days, Just dont lock into a number, or go too fast you should be able to tell or 5 days after a cut to see how you respond, sppedy does not win the race with this stuff.

Un like other "natural " drugs this does not clear out in days, so just be careful, maybe you can go faster maybe not.

Bobers

Hi Paully!!

Yes...Xanax is an evil evil drug!!  I switched from Xanax to Klonopin but was told that the "feelings" I was having was still from Xanax withdrawal.  So don't let it freak you out if you have an adjustment period.  Valium should be much easier to taper from.  Hang in there...and we're all in your corner!!

Love,

Jen

I finally took my last xanax today! It was only .25 mg but Im done with my crossover from xanax to valium finally. I followed the Ashton Manual and now I am solely on 20 mg of valium. I have mixed feelings. On one hand I feel so glad to get off the devil drug called xanax but on the other hand I am still on a freaking benzo (valium). I must admit this weak when I was doing the .25 xanax and 20 mg valium I felt a little withdrawal from the little xanax dose. However, after previous attempts of cold turkeying off of xanax it was a walk in the park. All I can do is keep on tapering now off the valium. The valium has built up in my blood now and I beleive I can take it from here. I plan on 20mg valium for a week, 17.5 for a week, 15 mg for a week, 12.5 mg for a week and then once I get to 10 mg I am gonna start making little cuts. Does this sound right? I hope its the right way. All I know is I am gonna "keep on truckin" and

take it slow. Ive never tried a slow taper but it seems like this way works.....Hope all you benzo soilders are staying strong out there. You just gotta dig deep and keep your eye on the prize..BEING BENZO FREE ONE OF THESE DAYS.

Hi Paully....I too crossed over to 20mg Valium from a nightmare klonopin taper. I let it build in my system for about 3 1/2 wks then started THAT taper, but my cuts and time between cuts were not doable for me. Was cutting 1.25mg every 9-10 days and hit a brick wall after my 4th cut. You have to judge for yourself by how you feel. I'm now cutting VERY SLOWLY....only 0.5mg/wk and I'm 6 days into it and feeling MUCH MUCH better. Sleeping better and no panick attacks. Just some mild anxiety from time to time, mild headaches/fatigue and some crazy dreams. Agoraphobia has lifted significantly also.  Anyway, don't be in any hurry. Last thing you want is protracted withdrawals. Time may seem like your enemy right now, but it's not. Time is on your side if you use it wisely. Truthfully, there are times when I want to just c/t and be done with this crap, but I know I'll suffer horribly and it's just not worth it. Think of it this way.....if you take a vitamin every day for the rest of your life to supplement your diet; taking a dose of Valium every day for HOWEVER long it takes to taper comfortably is no different. I've got 7months to go and I couldn't care less. As long as I can funtion. Listen to your body and you'll know what you need to do. Something that helped me was to make a schedule and hang it on my fridge showing my dosages on each week until I finish. Gives you a guidline to follow and keeps your doses steady. However you choose to taper, I wish you the best of luck. Let us know how you're making out from time to time with your cuts. Take Care.

Tracy (tlw)