Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Regarding the Removed Threads Referencing Baylissa Frederick

[Co...]

I find this entire recent escapade to be an enigma.  With her upcoming book announcement and request for 5,000 instagram followers (FB - 27March), I honestly find myself wondering if this was all a publicity stunt gone bad.  However, my judgment may be compromised since this same trusted psychotherapy professional labelled me along with all forum members (except Colin) as being dysregulated emotionally (seriously???).

Talk about fuelling the fire, the 'professionalism' of this team is staggering :o

We are not 'professionals'. We are volunteers running a free discussion board. I think you will find that it is Frederick who is the 'professional'. Neither do I seek donations, nor accept them when offered.

I have not uploaded videos on this matter, nor have I gone to Facebook, etc., to confront Frederick. What I have done is react, here, to a situation created here at this forum by Frederick. Why do Frederick's defenders demand professionalism from volunteers at a discussion board, but not a counsellor/psychotherapist who has confronted her former client on multiple social media platforms? And, in the case of this particular platform, directly, and in public within the thread he started here.

I’m curious as to why you didn’t bring your criticisms to her directly and ask her yourself?  A lot of things are rubbing me the wrong way on both sides of this argument and I’d like to ask Baylissa myself her side of the story but she’s distancing herself for now. I feel bad for her but don’t agree with everything she’s saying. I can’t say that I really “know” her outside of the sessions I’ve had but I do know that she’s been nothing but kind and supportive to me.

Frederick's comments were in public, at this forum. I responded, in public, at this forum. I think the manner and avenue for my response was entirely reasonable in the circumstances.

I find this entire recent escapade to be an enigma.  With her upcoming book announcement and request for 5,000 instagram followers (FB - 27March), I honestly find myself wondering if this was all a publicity stunt gone bad.  However, my judgment may be compromised since this same trusted psychotherapy professional labelled me along with all forum members (except Colin) as being dysregulated emotionally (seriously???).

Talk about fuelling the fire, the 'professionalism' of this team is staggering :o

We are not 'professionals'. We are volunteers running a free discussion board. I think you will find that it is Frederick who is the 'professional'. Neither do I seek donations, nor accept them when offered.

I have not uploaded videos on this matter, nor have I gone to Facebook, etc., to confront Frederick. What I have done is react, here, to a situation created here at this forum by Frederick. Why do Frederick's defenders demand professionalism from volunteers at a discussion board, but not a counsellor/psychotherapist who has confronted her former client on multiple social media platforms? And, in the case of this particular platform, directly, and in public within the thread he started here.

Clearly, but you have a certain degree of responsibility when dealing with people of such a vulnerable nature, this is not the type of behaviour I would expect to see on a support forum from the admins, even a free one, maybe I am expecting too much.

I am not here to defend Baylissa, I am trying to defend the poor souls in the benzo community who have next to no resources and now have one less due to what has been allowed here, it appears you have zero regard for them or the fallout of this.

Can you not put your ego to one side for a second and realise this, I'm not interested in who is most right or wrong between you and Baylissa, all I know is because of your refusal to pull this smear campaign from your board people suffering the hell of benzo withdrawal have now lost a lifeline. You had a member on this thread literally begging you to do this! What are your gains here?  The loss for many of your members will be huge.  Maybe your need to be right trumps their need for support?

Clearly, but you have a certain degree of responsibility when dealing with people of such a vulnerable nature, this is not the type of behaviour I would expect to see on a support forum from the admins, even a free one, maybe I am expecting too much.

I am not here to defend Baylissa, I am trying to defend the poor souls in the benzo community who have next to no resources and now have one less due to what has been allowed here, it appears you have zero regard for them or the fallout of this.

Can you not put your ego to one side for a second and realise this, I'm not interested in who is most right or wrong between you and Baylissa, all I know is because of your refusal to pull this smear campaign from your board people suffering the hell of benzo withdrawal have now lost a lifeline. You had a member on this thread literally begging you to do this! What are your gains here?  The loss for many of your members will be huge.  Maybe your need to be right trumps their need for support?

Seriously!? What 'smear campaign'? I have not posted videos at Youtube or comments at Facebook about this. Neither has our team, nor surrogates on our behalf.

Do you feel threatened by the videos or comments? Is that why you allow this to continue? I'm am asking sincerely.

My feelings about the fiasco aside, I hear hopefulinhell loud and clear and agree with every word.

You are not making any sense. My comments were in response to another member who suggested that BB was involved in a smear campaign, ignoring the fact that it is Frederick and others close to her posting videos to Youtube and comments at Facebook about this matter. Not me. Not our team. And no one we have acting on our behalf.

[06...]
Just imagine how much time people could put into their healing if drama and websites like this didn't exist.

Just imagine how much time people could put into their healing if drama and websites like this didn't exist.

I agree. It’s hard to pull yourself away from the groups. Are you doing better?

Released just over twenty minutes ago.

Bullying is not ok...

https://youtu.be/Ld9WAek4hxs

I can't get this video to play.  It says it's a private video, whatever that means.  How can I access it?  What's in it? 

Thanks,

Jeff

I can access it just fine, but it may be because it's stored in my cache. Tried to save it, but it shows it's locked.

Jeff, I was able to create an MP3 file, but the only way to get it to you is through email. If you are like me, you have more than one email account, one primary, the others secondary. If you are comfortable with PM'ing me a secondary email account (If you don't have one, create one at Google or Yahoo), I can send you the MP3 file. I may not be team Baylissa, but I understand you have a genuine interest in what was said. I'll leave it up to you if you want the MP3 file. I'm doing this because the replies to the video have been respectful ones. And I respect Baylissas right and choice, though I don't agree with it.

I've stopped at this thread for a moment. Why are you trying to download the video from YouTube? How can you do that anyway?

I've seen you over and over on this thread yet, you do not have any experience with Baylissa nor are you with JayTay. What are you doing?

I was trying to help Jeff, did you miss that? He couldn't see the video, he was genuinily interested in what Baylissa had to say. And yes you can download videos from Youtube, I've got a bunch stored on PC's hard drive, loads of software for doing that. Some Youtubers give you the option to save them themselves. I even clicked the menu to access the save button, it was locked. Jeff is on your team, why does it bother you I was trying to help him. He appreciated it, and was later able to try again and see the video. What is your point? As for your last comment and question, are you going to ask Paxia, Marigold, or badsocref or any others the same thing. Or are you just singling me out for trying to help Jeff, who is on Team Baylissa.  Ask yourself the same question, "What are you doing?

Bullying is not ok...

I can't get this video to play.  It says it's a private video, whatever that means.  How can I access it?  What's in it? 

Thanks,

Jeff

I can access it just fine, but it may be because it's stored in my cache. Tried to save it, but it shows it's locked.

Jeff, I was able to create an MP3 file, but the only way to get it to you is through email. If you are like me, you have more than one email account, one primary, the others secondary. If you are comfortable with PM'ing me a secondary email account (If you don't have one, create one at Google or Yahoo), I can send you the MP3 file. I may not be team Baylissa, but I understand you have a genuine interest in what was said. I'll leave it up to you if you want the MP3 file. I'm doing this because the replies to the video have been respectful ones. And I respect Baylissas right and choice, though I don't agree with it.

I've stopped at this thread for a moment. Why are you trying to download the video from YouTube? How can you do that anyway?

I've seen you over and over on this thread yet, you do not have any experience with Baylissa nor are you with JayTay. What are you doing?

I was trying to help Jeff, did you miss that? He couldn't see the video, he was genuinily interested in what Baylissa had to say. And yes you can download videos from Youtube, I've got a bunch stored on PC's hard drive, loads of software for doing that. Some Youtubers give you the option to save them themselves. I even clicked the menu to access the save button, it was locked. Jeff is on your team, why does it bother you I was trying to help him. He appreciated it, and was later able to try again and see the video. What is your point? As for your last comment and question, are you going to ask Paxia, Marigold, or badsocref or any others the same thing. Or are you just singling me out for trying to help Jeff, who is on Team Baylissa.  Ask yourself the same question, "What are you doing?

There are no teams. To answer what I am doing, I'm trying to stop this, and forgive me for lack of a better term, madness. I thought it was resolved when JayTay wanted it stopped. I thought that was what this was about.

I still would like to see a pure and simple read out of exactly what Baylissa said that was so out of line .

None of this should have been made public , but since it has I for one would like to see the total picture clearly out there so that we can see for ourselves what went wrong .

I’m curious as to why you didn’t bring your criticisms to her directly and ask her yourself?  A lot of things are rubbing me the wrong way on both sides of this argument and I’d like to ask Baylissa myself her side of the story but she’s distancing herself for now. I feel bad for her but don’t agree with everything she’s saying. I can’t say that I really “know” her outside of the sessions I’ve had but I do know that she’s been nothing but kind and supportive to me.

Frederick's comments were in public, at this forum. I responded, in public, at this forum. I think the manner and avenue for my response was entirely reasonable in the circumstances.

Seriously!? What 'smear campaign'? I have not posted videos at Youtube or comments at Facebook about this. Neither has our team, nor surrogates on our behalf.

Do you feel threatened by the videos or comments? Is that why you allow this to continue? I'm am asking sincerely.

My feelings about the fiasco aside, I hear hopefulinhell loud and clear and agree with every word.

You are not making any sense. My comments were in response to another member who suggested that BB was involved in a smear campaign, ignoring the fact that it is Frederick and others close to her posting videos to Youtube and comments at Facebook about this matter. Not me. Not our team. And no one we have acting on our behalf.

Look at the mess you have going on up there. Who is not making sense?

Apparently everyone who feels they don’t personally need her assistance is emotionally dysregulted. Not all forum members, just the ones she feels is bullying her. Let’s get the facts straight here. 😂 .  I’ve never consulted with her so I’m pretty sure she can’t diagnose people she’s never consulted with. But I do agree, something is definitely off here.

[move]Yes, it’s all a big conspiracy... 👻[/move]

Right?  ::)

I still would like to see a pure and simple read out of exactly what Baylissa said that was so out of line .

None of this should have been made public , but since it has I for one would like to see the total picture clearly out there so that we can see for ourselves what went wrong .

I've asked for this as well. This question will be deflected. Also the fact that the very person that had the problem with Baylissa has deleted his story because he does not want this drama will be ignored also.

I've asked for this as well. This question will be deflected. Also the fact that the very person that had the problem with Baylissa has deleted his story because he does not want this drama will be ignored also.

It was in then first post and has been repeated ad nauseam. Frederick joined BB without announcing her intentions and then went on to confront a critic of her services in public. This would be bad enough at a peer-support forum. But is it inexcusable when Frederick knowingly did this with a former client.

It is a very simple concept: the power dynamic between a client and his counsellor/psychotherapist vastly favours the latter. This was inexcusable behaviour by Frederick Why you choose to justify this behaviour is beyond me.

Bullying is not ok...

Thanks,

Jeff

There are no teams. To answer what I am doing, I'm trying to stop this, and forgive me for lack of a better term, madness. I thought it was resolved when JayTay wanted it stopped. I thought that was what this was about.

Well, then perhaps you should be addressing the person who posted the Bullying video if you want to stop this. And this isn't about JayTay, it's now Ajusta. Apparently Ajusta can't have an opinion without getting pounced on. Paxia was doing a pretty good job addressing most of it. So I let her handle it. And if you're going to be asking why I'm here, in all fairness you should be asking the others, not singlling me out. 

It was in then first post and has been repeated ad nauseam. Frederick joined BB without announcing her intentions and then went on to confront a critic of her services in public. This would be bad enough at a peer-support forum. But is it inexcusable when Frederick knowingly did this with a former client.

It is a very simple concept: the power dynamic between a client and his counsellor/psychotherapist vastly favours the latter. This was inexcusable behaviour by Frederick Why you choose to justify this behaviour is beyond me.

It has been asked be to pointed what exactly Baylissa said that was wrong and hurtful. There has been failure to do that. The person that wrote the initial post has taken his part down and does not want any of this drama. Why continue it when you see that it affects people in withdrawal? You need to be concerned with the power dynamic between you and the people you claim to want to help. That behavior is beyond me.

It has been asked be to pointed what exactly Baylissa said that was wrong and hurtful. There has been failure to do that. The person that wrote the initial post has taken his part down and does not want any of this drama. Why continue it when you see that it affects people in withdrawal? You need to be concerned with the power dynamic between you and the people you claim to want to help. That behavior is beyond me.

She confronted her detractor, her former client, on a public forum.

She confronted her detractor, her former client, on a public forum.

Can you say that one more time Colin?  I don’t think you’ve explained it enough. do it once more for the people in the back.  😂

There is nothing to be gained by allowing comments on these threads to continue. For the sake of those who are here for help, we are locking the threads with hope that time and energy will be spent offering support, encouragement and information to those who need it, which is our mission.

pianogirl

[f3...]