Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Headache from Hell - please help!

Hi Everyone,

I have another headache from Hell, and I didn't even taper yet. I seem to get these headaches often. What has helped people here? Is it safe to take 1/2 of a Tylenol #3 when it's really bad? I wonder if the fish oil I took for three days had contributed to the headaches. I am so confused. My last taper was a breeze compared with this.

Love,

Genie

well i wouldn't take codeine - if you already feel awful codeine is one hell of a drug to take.

lets see my head aches start from tension - so i do neck stretches and one thing that always helps is hair pulling.

wrap fingers around a think lock of hair - when you get to the root - pull forward away from the natural growth pattern.  do that all around your head - hold the pull for a while.

you have to play around with the technique but it increases the blood flow and releases blocks in your scalp.

Believe me "I feel your pain!" I get headaches every 2 tah 3 days.....Horribly painfull! Right behind your eyes or in the front and back of your head...I didn't get them till after I was completly off my medicine...Altough I will say that they do get less and less! I didn't take any types of medicine though! Hot shower, closing eyes, plugging ears with cotton, really helps me! Ohh also I squeeze a corner of my ear lobe so it kinda takes my mind off of it...Sounds weird I know but I actually found it on a homeopathic website...But anyways your not the only one that has horrible headaches! Just remember don't take codeinne or nothing like that for it cause that will be something else you'll just have to fight off later...Keep us posted o.k.

Genie,

This may sound weird but it hits acupuncture points and it works.  Massage the fleshy area between your thumb and index finger all the way back to the bone.  In fact the thickest part is where the points are.  Massage as hard and deep as you can, the area may be tender because of the pain in your head.

Ice packs also help.  When you have a headache the blood vessels in your head expand, putting ice makes them shrink and relieves pressure.

If it's coming from the back of the neck you can use heat, but heat makes inflammation worse so try to figure out where the pain is coming from.

Behind the eyes needs ice.

Hope this helps.

Ts

((((((Genie)))))))

Hope you found some relief from your headache!!  I have TMJ and the headaches can be horrible.

Boy, the more I type...the more I realize I'm falling apart...LOL

Love,

Jen

Genie,

Our thyroid can give us hellacious headaches if it's out of whack. You may need to see if your thyroid levels are off again.

rufus