Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

ladies I need help .. Female trouble.

I;m really embarrassed to ask this here but I have no one else to ask. I was wondering if wd call mess up your menstrual cycle. I don't usually get it but every 3-5 months (always been this way)but now I've been spotting for about 3 weeks. When I talked to my doctor he said the problem might be the meds but I just want your opinion on it. Thank you so much for any comments.

Amanda

Yes, I noticed that too during wd. Mostly early periods, then a late one. But maybe I'm just starting the change, who knows. My last one, the first since my post taper, was normal.

I don't think you need to be embarrassed at all honey!!  Menstrual troubles come with the territory of being a woman.  Benzo's mess with so many parts of us, I would certainly believe it could mess with our cycle.  I never missed a beat with mine...but the PMS type symptoms were horrible.  I would get checked out by OB/GYN just to be sure and if everything seems ok...chalk it up to another benzo symptom and try hard not to worry yourself about it.

Love,

Jen

men have issues to - but many of us share the bloated tummy - fingers - lips - feet - i need to delete my previous post - i am embarrassed - no one else stated that isue. :-[

LOL Silver, don't be emarrassed!

Hey, I get the big boob syndrome every few months with or without benzo. It's from an estrogen surge.

It looks great, but hurts like hell! :2funny: 

Thank you all! I did talk to my ob and he's the one that it could be because of the meds.

Ever since I did that dumb cut of 1mg in a month I've been doing this so I'm pretty sure it's that. But I just wanted to ask your opinion about it.

lol silver your funny. I don't know why I was embarrassed, maybe because there's alot of men here and my husband is a little skittish about the subject lol. I wish my boobs would do that!  :D

Amanda

we do seem to be pretty open here - i think that is good cause we do worry about a lot of different things going through this.

estrogen surges - they really play havoc with our bodies.