Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

One dosage ok?

[Ja...]

Currently I'm taking 8.75mg Valium this way: 3.75mg in the morning and 5mg before bedtime. However, my worse w/s sx are always at nite and I'm wondering if I should just take one dosage a night to help me out for now (all 8.75mg before bedtime)?

Has anyone done this? Opinions please...it's 2:00AM and no sleep  :-[

Jarocho

hi sleeping was a problem for me so i saved my doses for evening.

valium is long acting so i don't see why you couldn't save most of it for late after noon early evening and still have it last thru the next day.

one problem might be that you would be overly drugged the next day.  perhaps someone with more experience then i have with tapering from valium will stop by later today - if not - give it a try.

Currently I'm taking 8.75mg Valium this way: 3.75mg in the morning and 5mg before bedtime. However, my worse w/s sx are always at nite and I'm wondering if I should just take one dosage a night to help me out for now (all 8.75mg before bedtime)?

Jarocho

I say go for it. I only take it once a day and have no problem with that.  :thumbsup: Long half-life after all.

T

Jarocho

I always took my klonopin only once, at bedtime.

Generally, people benefit from spreading their dose over the day, but quite a number seem to do better by taking those at nighttime, especially if their benzo has a reasonably long half-life. I do recommend that you switch you dose as gradually as possible though - don't do it all in one go; allow a few days to a week between each change.

Well it turns out that two dosages are better for me since I have a fast metabolism; therefore I metabolize the Valium a lot quicker than most. I've read that people gain weight on Valium, but I have kept my weight about the same and probably lost a few lbs the last couple of weeks.

In my case two dosages are better and still learning...

Jarocho