Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Beta Blocker- Propranolol

[cr...]

Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me a little about Propranolol and their experiences. I’m almost a year off of Ativan and for the most part I’m doing fine, but my blood pressure is high when I’m out in public and causes headaches, fainting feeling, and head/sinus pressure. My doctor prescribed a low dose of propranolol but I’m so scared to take any medication after being on a benzo. I do need to add that I’m young (24) and relatively healthy (exercise daily/healthy eating). It’s all from social anxiety. Thanks you guys!

i take 40mg a day (20mg in morning, 20 at night), its nice light non-addictive medicine, it should be a breeze, just  don't cold turkey when you stop that can cause serious issues

Yes, beta blockers cause physical dependance and need to be tapered if one wants to discontinue using them. Prof. Ashton recommends 10 mg propanolol, which is equivalent to 5 mg atenolol. Propanolol crosses blood-brain barrier while atenolol does not, which is why it might be a better choice, especially for benzo-addled brains.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]