Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

FLUOXETINE TAPER..

[Be...]

Ok I have been taking prozac 20mg for 4 months and I'm 6 months off benzos.

I really don't have serious withdrawal symptoms but a little annoyances I.e weird taste in the mouth,some really slight mood swings. I feel they might be side effects of this AD as I'm not depressed but just emotionally blunted,minimal motivation.

I read on AD forums that a 10percent  reduction every month is appropriate but I find it so long as it will take more time than I have been the drug. Any input will be appreciated.

You could always try a slightly faster taper and see how it goes. Some people are able to taper off much quicker than others. Prozac has a much longer half-life than many ADs so it is often “easier” to taper from. That being said, I would be hesitant to taper it right now as you’re still healing from your benzo taper and I wouldn’t want you to get setback by trying to taper the Prozac too soon.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]