Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hello from an Alprazolam Addict (and new member here)

[no...]

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself.  Been on Xanax/Aplrazolam for 6 - 7 years for anxiety/panic attacks.  Really hate being on drugs, but it has seemingly been the only way that I've been able to deal with life (even though it's seemed to dull my emotions, make me tired & lethargic all the time, etc.).

I've tried several times to get off this nasty drug that I've been prescribed, but it's harder than quitting smoking was for me.  When I quit smoking, I didn't feel like I was dying (quite literally) as I have when attempting to taper off of Xanax.

Anyway, I'm happy to have found this community and hope to get off of Alprazolam soon.  If you have the time, please read my 1st post in the "Planning Your Taper" forum.

Here is the link.

Peace and best wishes to all!

-nomoredrugs

Hi nomoredrugs,

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find the help you need and some really friendly folks too! Glad to have you here!

rufus

Thanks for the warm welcome!  It's good to be amongst supportive people who can relate to and understand benzo dependancy. :)

@ Colin -- I appreciate the reply to my taper thread!  Reading now...

Kind regards,

nomoredrugs

Hi and welcome!I promise it gets better!!  I've been to hell and back.  If I can do it, you can too!!  I'm completely recovered and leading a happy and healthy life.  I never thought that possible a few years ago.  I was as bad as bad can get.  Big hugs to you!!

Jen